Search for content in message boards

Lawrence and Peatross

Lawrence and Peatross

Johnette Franke (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lawrence, Peatross
Looking for information about Joseph Lawrence who resided Caroline County in early 1800's. There was also a Samuel & Archibald Lawrence living there in same time period.

Joseph married Joannah Peatross 20 September 1815 in Caroline County. They moved to Rutherford County Tennessee after 1830. Joseph died there on 20 October 1840.

Joseph Lawrence is my 3rd great grandfather.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Johnette Lawrence Franke

Re: Lawrence and Peatross

Mary Lawrence (West) (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2002 1:08PM GMT
Hey cuz, well its a small world after all. Joannah and Joseph were my GGG Grand-Parents. I have some information on the Family, email me.. Thanks, Mary

theresa (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2002 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: Lawrence,Moffitt, Floyd
I have a book that lists possibly that Archibald and Joesph Lawrence are the sons of a Samuel Lawrence and they are found in an 1820 census of Caroline Co. Please email me if you think we have a possible connection.
thanks - good luck!
Theresa

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 8:29AM GMT
Surnames: Lawrence and Petros
I was just trying to find some mention of my ancestors in Caroline Co. Even though your entries are several years old I was astounded to see you were trying to tie up our "loose ends", as I am now. Some of your names are very familiar.

At the risk of sending you information you already have here goes. Archibald Lawrence was born in England in 1782. He had a brother and both cane to the U.S. together. According to two geneologists Archibald married a girl named Petross and they had a baby boy who was born in Caroline County. This child's name was William Pleasant Lawrence. At some time after this event the family moved to Rutherford Co. TN. They acquired land and listed themselves as "farmers". Archibald's brother, we believe, eventually cane to Tennessee also. Archibald and William were my grandfathers respectively. Archibald and William are buried in the family cemetary.

We have been here ever since. There are still three Lawrence families still living in Rutherford Co.

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 8:50AM GMT
I have been trying to find who Archibald's father was. Does your book specify that Samuel was in England? Archibald was my grandfather four times removed. He came to America as a young man. Had at one child born in Caroline Co. VA
Thanks for your help,
Jim Lawrence; Nashville

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 7:43PM GMT
Update on previous posting on Lawrence-Petross. Our records and those of Rutherford County TN list Archibald Lawrence marrying Fannie Petross, location and date not known by us. We do have information from several sources that their son William Pleasant Lawrence was born on Jan 28, 1822 in Caroline County VA. As I said before all the above listed are buried in the Lawrence cemetary in Rutherford Co TN.
Jim Lawrence; greandson, 5 times removed.

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 7:52PM GMT
Hello Mary: Could I please have what information you have on the Lawrence Petross connection. It is our understanding that Archibald and Joseph were brothers.
Jim Lawrnce; Nashville

Posted: 7 Jan 2007 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: Lawrence and Petros
I was very interested to read your reply to Johnette dated 2002 about Archibald, Joseph, and Samuel as listed in a book you have. Archibald was my grandfather, 5 times removed. We were aware that Archibald and Joseph were brothers but we don't know anything about Samuel. It has always been our understanding that Archibald and Joseph were born in England and didn't arrive in Virginia until after they were young men. We don't know who their father was or any relatives still in England. How many Petross girls were there. I'm about to run out of relatives for them.
Jim Lawrence;Nashville
jlawrell@bellsouth.net

Posted: 14 Jan 2007 4:41AM GMT
HELLO!! Is anyone out there? If there's anyone in the universe that has any information on a bunch of Lawrence boys marring a bunch on Petross girls in Caroline Co VA in early 1800s please get back to me. Thanks,
Jim Lawrence;Nashville
jlawrell@bellsouth.net

Posted: 14 Jan 2007 4:41AM GMT
HELLO!! Is anyone out there? If there's anyone in the universe that has any information on a bunch of Lawrence boys marring a bunch on Petross girls in Caroline Co VA in early 1800s please get back to me. Thanks,
Jim Lawrence;Nashville
jlawrell@bellsouth.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions