Search for content in message boards

Carver Family Connection

Carver Family Connection

Posted: 5 Jul 2004 12:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Justin Williams (b. Nov. 3, 1983 in Portsmouth, Ohio). My mother is Angela Doyle (b. Oct. 6, 1963 in Portsmouth, Ohio). Her parents were Wendell Doyle (b. Oct. 15, 1940 in New Boston, Ohio; d. Dec. 7, 1988 in Portsmouth, Ohio) and Judith Ruggles (b. Dec. 30, 1940 in Kentucky; d. Aug. 15, 1991 in Columbus, Ohio). My great-grandfather was Oran Ruggles (b. Jun. 19, 1920 in Greenup County, Kentucky; d. Apr. 29, 1996 in Portsmouth, Ohio), who married Emma Jean Hanley. My second great grandfather was Walker Ruggles (b. 1877 in Greenup County, Kentucky; d. Oct. 28, 1947 in Fayette County, Kentucky), who married Elizabeth Winters on May 10, 1900 in Greenup County, Kentucky. My third great grandfather was Michael Ruggles (b. Oct. 25, 1840 in Adams, Kentucky), who married Armenia (b. 1858 in Kentucky). My fourth great grandfather was James L. Ruggles (b. 1798 in Kentucky), who married Elizabeth Carver (b. abt. 1813 in Virginia) on Oct. 25, 1834 in Greenup County, Kentucky. My fifth great grandfather was Morgan Carver, who married Sarah. This is as far back as I have gotten on the Carver side of my family. I have some information about the siblings of each of these; however any information would be greatly appreciated. If you find any mistakes in my information, please let me know. Most of my information has been researched carefully; however, mistakes are still possible. I am not only trying to find my ancestors, but I am also looking for relatives today. Therefore, I would like information connecting people alive today with me. One of my life goals is to actually meet a tenth cousin. I appreciate any help that you could give me.

Re: Carver Family Connection

Posted: 8 Jun 2007 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: ruggles linkous meenach
Hi Justin, my name is Debbie Meenach Jacks. I am the granddaughter of Flora Mae Ruggles (Oran's sister) and Carlos Meenach. Not much is known about the Carver family. On the Ruggles side. Michael Ruggles died Apr 7, 1907 in Portsmouth, Ohio of chronic diarrhea per Scioto Co Death Record. Where did you get his birthdate and place of birth? Is that in Greenup Co? The 1900 census says Aug 1840 birthdate. He married Elizabeth Armina Linkous June 15, 1876 in Greenup Co, KY per Greenup Co Marriage Records. She was born Mar 31, 1857 in Greenup Co, the daughter of Walter Linkous and Elizabeth Walker. She died in Portsmouth May 11, 1935 and buried in Old Wheelersburg Cemetery per her death certificate.

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 9:42PM GMT
Surnames: Carver
don't know if you are still online... certainly hope so... that Morgan Carver of yours might make us cousins...

I have a Morgan Pierce Carver 1836-1930, son of Morgan Carver 1785-1894, son of Lawrence Carver 1760-1826, son of Private Henry Carver 173?-1778...

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Carver
Hello Justin Williams... I know this is an old post of yours... but i also share Morgan Carver... he's my GG or my GGGrandfather depending which one you are talking about... so I can't help you with the tenth cousin wish-list...

Here's hoping you are still tracking your posts...

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 8:27PM GMT
i found you addy connected to my gggrandfather Joseph Renshaw of Ohio. perhaps we can get together on the internet and find out where he's from.

Marie Stephenson tophat@gibsoncounty.net

was bigtee0@aol.com

Posted: 17 Jan 2009 5:23AM GMT
Surnames: Rickman, Green, Watson, Hesler, Evans
Hello to the people that have family in this tree. I also have family in this tree and I am also working on the family tree. The name of the tree is Rickman,Green,Watson,Hesler,Evans Family Tree. My grandfather is John William Hesler and grandmother is Viola Green, My gr grandfather is John D. Hesler and gr grandmother is Nancy Watson, my gr gr grandfather is John Gibson Hesler and gr gr grandmother is Lucy E.Colburn Please come and share your info with me and I'll do the same. I also have some pix of the family that I haven't seen on Ancestry. You can also e-mail me at r4659w@yahoo.com
I would also like to Thank you for the pix that you have that I don't have. Would love to hear from everyone. Have a nice day. Regina Rickman Williams

Posted: 15 Jul 2009 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: Renshaw, Carter, Meenach
there is also a bsb0626 listed for the Carver name and the Meenach name. who is this? cause it is also listed as researching my gggrandfather Joseph Renshaw of Oh b.1816 d. 1890. i would of course like to talk with anyone who is connected to him.

Marie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic