Search for content in message boards

Janet Waugh & John Victor Emile Ansin

Janet Waugh & John Victor Emile Ansin

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 4:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am interested to hear from any descendants of Janet & John. I have an old photo of 5 generations of Janet's family. I am not related and have no idea where this snapshot came from, and would love to be able to return it to this family if they want it it.
Regards,
Lyn

Re: Janet Waugh & John Victor Emile Ansin

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 5:27AM GMT
Other related names:- Ellen Charlotte Ansin, Minnie Caroline Janet Flowers & Valerie Grace Lorraine Jackson.

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 8:41AM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2013 8:57AM GMT
Hi Lyn,

I am not a descendant of Janet but her father (John Hutton Waugh) and my gggrandmother (Catherine Waugh/McKenzie) were brother and sister. I have names of Janet and John's children and some of their descendants. However I have never met any them nor have I completed that part of my tree. Those "other related names" are direct descendants although I do not have the youngest ones name. My guess is your photo is pre 17/8/1927 when Janet's mother died or pre 29/6/1928 when her father died.

It would be great to get it to a family member.

From another forum I know you are in Tauranga. I am in Auckland. Perhaps between us we can achieve this.

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 4:09AM GMT
Hi Neil,
I haven't done any genealogy for yonks, but seeing this photo again & again finally got at me & I had to try to find out who it was & try to get it back to where it belongs. My original guess was late 1920s/ early 1930s. However from what you have said & what I found out about this family that it was 1927/28 as JH Waugh is the 5th generation. Minnie married Augustus Jackson in 1926 and the baby (Valerie) is 4 months old.
it is a little tatty....someone has put a coffee mug on it and the corners are slightly torn.....Nothing that Photoshop or one of the free programmes wouldn't fix.
PM me if you want it, or a copy.
Regards
Lyn

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 3:44AM GMT
I would like a copy Lyn but you don't seem to be contactable by PM. You should be able to contact me though, if you would please.

Posted: 18 Sep 2013 1:49AM GMT
Lyn,
I am a direct descendant of Janet Waugh & John Victor Emile Ansin, line of descent being thus:
Dennis John King, son of Yvonne Grace King nee Ansin, who was a daughter of Frederick William Ansin, who was a son of Janet Waugh & John Victor Emile Ansin.
I would very much like to see a copy of the photograph which can be sent to me by email to:
dennis@denniskinglaw.com
Thanking you in anticipation.
Dennis King.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions