Search for content in message boards

ALAN GREEN

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 8:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GREEN
Looking for my husband's uncle Alan Green who disappeared after leaving the UK for Australia in 1964. Understand he may have gone on to New Zealand.

He was born in Chorley Lancs in 1923.

Any help in finding what happened would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Re: ALAN GREEN

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 12:48AM GMT
Hi Paula - as you might appreciate Green is quite a common name and with no middle name then your Alan Green may be rather difficult to verify.
However IF he was born 2 June 1923 then it is highly likely that he probably died 19 July 1977 at Rotorua aged 54 yrs.
The best way to confirm that he is your Alan - if you are unsure of his Birth date - might be to obtain a copy of his Death Cert at NZ $20 which should advise who his Parents were ( if known by the Informant ).
Such Cert. will also give the name of his Wife - if married - and also the ages and gender of any surviving children - ( if there were any )
Hope this may help,
regards Graham C.

Re: ALAN GREEN

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: GREEN
Hi Graham

Thank you so much for that information. I have received a copy of Alan's birth certificate today and he was indeed born on 2nd June 1923 in Chorley Lancs. I will try to get a copy of his death certificate.

Can you please advise where you found the information on his possible death as I dont have full access to the whole of this website so I order a death certificate.

I have only recently started researching my new husband's family but I am aware that Alan's mother and sister were looking for him in vain until their deaths and it would be so good to be able to let the living members of the family know what had happened to him.

Kind Regards

Paula
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions