Search for content in message boards

Alta Carr

Posted: 9 Oct 2000 7:40PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2004 10:05PM GMT
Looking for information on Alta Carr, married to Henry Eagle. She was born about the early 1900's. Grandson is interested in heritage. They lived in Rainelle,WV.

Carr family in Rainelle

althea m. carr (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 6:59AM GMT
I was born and raised in Rainelle and I knew a Jim Eagle who resided there all his life. His wife is still living and if you are interested I could help get the information on these two folks. They are relatives of mine and if you have anyother names for the Carr family, I would like to know. I have many realtives still in that area. I hope to hear from you.

Carr family

Teresa Cyrus (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2000 3:52PM GMT
I'm looking for info. of a Sylester Carr who married Sara Eagle.My mother in law was born in Springdale,she is Nola (Carr) Cyrus.Who's father was Arthur G. Carr,wife Edith McGuire Carr. Any info. about Sylester Sara (Eagle)Carr would be greatful appreciated. Thank You Teresa.

Alta (Carr) Eagle

Posted: 8 Dec 2000 11:57AM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2004 10:05PM GMT
Yes, any information you can give me on the Carrs or the Eagles would be greatly appreciated. The only other Carrs that we know of are Alta's brother and sisters. They are: Zonia(Zonie)(Carr)Osborne
Cassie Carr
Howard Carr
Also, do you know of any indian ancestors?
If you'd like to, you can e-mail me at
Terryleagle@aol.com

Carr family

Althea Marinia Carr Berry (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2000 5:29PM GMT
My great grandfather was Joab A. Carr who was married to Martha Summerfield in 1865, they had the following children, Alpheus Calvin, Albert, Jet, Alice, Liz, Molly, Sara, Sylvester, Mary and Sara C. who past away as a child and thus the second child named Sara. I can also tell you I knew a Jim Eagle from Rainelle who was raised by Alice and Liz Carr, my grandfathers sisters. Alpheus Carr was my grandfather and my father was Carroll Carl Carr, Sr. (nicknamed Boodles). If this helps you let me know I have more information I can share.

Re: Carr family

Posted: 11 Jan 2010 10:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carr, Eagle
Teresa, I just spoke to your mother-in-law today. She is a very sweet lady. I would love to exchange with you what info I have on this branch and see if you have anything else to share. I have bunches of stuff on the Carr's but have many holes still that I would like to fill. My branch is from Albert and Mary Susan Eagle Carr.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Jeanne Stook

Re: Alta (Carr) Eagle

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 8:26PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2012 8:28PM GMT
www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=74249811

Birth: May 2, 1868
Tucker County
West Virginia, USA
Death: Jan. 3, 1947
Rainelle
Greenbrier County
West Virginia, USA

Albert was the son of Joab A. & Sarah (White) Carr.

He married Mary Susan Eagle on Feb. 3, 1898 in Greenbrier Co, WV. Their children were: Orvan E., Elva M., Elsie Elisabeth, Zona Frances, Alta J., Leota Virginia, & Delphia.

Albert died from a Cerebral Hemorrhage. He had lived 78 years, 8 months, & 1 day. He was buried on Jan. 5.

Family links:
Spouse:
Mary Susan Eagle Carr (1879 - 1961)*

Children:
Orvan E Carr (1898 - 1898)*
Elva M Carr (1900 - 1908)*
Zona Francis Carr Osborne (1903 - 1986)*

*Calculated relationship

Burial:
Eagle Cemetery
Crag
Greenbrier County
West Virginia, USA

Created by: Virginia Brown
Record added: Aug 01, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 74249811

Re: Alta (Carr) Eagle

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 9:58PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2012 9:59PM GMT
The Native American relation you asked of is through the White line. A progenitor was a Melugeon. http://www.whatisamelungeon.webs.com/
ffejlny@juno.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions