Search for content in message boards

REED FAMILY SEARCH

REED FAMILY SEARCH

Posted: 27 Jun 2010 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: REED
Hello - I am looking for any information on my Reed Family. My father was Victor W Reed and my grandfather was Victor Henry Reed. My great grandfather was Addison Reed.
Victor Henry Reed married Elizabeth Haertlein Reed.

I would appreciate any and all information or pictures on my Reed Family as I have very little.

Thank you so much.

Vicki Reed
Kansas City, MO.

Re: REED FAMILY SEARCH

Posted: 28 Jun 2010 10:10PM GMT

Give us some dates and locations so we can look further for you.

Posted: 29 Jun 2010 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: Reed
Thank you so much.

My father was Victor Warren Reed - DOB; 03/13/1930 - Cook County, Illinois - DOD: 07/24/2002 - El Paso, Texas (I am still trying to find out from El Paso, Texas Vital Statistics what happened).

My grandfather was Victor Henry Reed - DOB: 12/12/1904 - either Missouri or Illinois - DOD: 08/1984 Fredericktown, Missouri.

My great grandfather was Addison Reed - DOB: 1874 - Missouri? DOD - Unknown

My great great grandfather was Isaac Reed - DOB: 1807 Tennessee - DOD: 04/07/1868 Iowa.

My great great great grandfather was Daniel Reed - DOB: 06/07/1771-Kentucky - DOD: 1855 - Kentucky

This is all that I have and no pictures except for my father and grandfather - one picture. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Vicki Reed
ruskingal2@yahoo.com
Kansas City, MO.

B:

Re: Addison Reed father Isaac?

Posted: 29 Jun 2010 1:49AM GMT
Questions....
Do you have spouses names for your Reed men?

You have your g/grandfather Addison born 1874 but his father, your g/g/grandfather, Isaac- died 04/07/1868 Iowa, 5yrs earlier.??

Re: Addison Reed father Isaac?

Posted: 29 Jun 2010 2:57AM GMT
Surnames: REED
Hello - Thank you for writing me. Sorry for the confusion. Addison Reed's father was James Reed - son of Isaac Reed. Addison's mother was Rebecca - maiden name unknown. As I said I don't have a lot of information on the Reeds but would love to learn more. My grandmother's name was Elizabeth Haertlein (Hartline) - DOB: 1902 - Germany - DOD:
1984 - Fredericktown, Missouri. I am not sure where they are buried nor am I sure where my father is buried. I appreciate any help I can get with this.

I will send the other spouses to you tomorrow.

Again, Thank You.

Sincerely,

Vicki Reed
Kansas City, Missouri

Re: another Addison Reed, mother Mary?

Posted: 29 Jun 2010 1:48PM GMT
1880 census Sno Hill Lincoln Mo
Mary, widow 49 b VA widow
dau Lizzie A 16
dau Lulie 15
son John 13
dau Maggie 12
son Addison B 7
------1910 census, Hurricane, Lincoln MO
Addi B Reed age 36 b. MO
Viola age 35 b MO
Florence l age 9
son Victor H age 5 b. MO
======1920 census St Louis MO
Addison age 46 b MO father b VA mother b. VA
spouse Viola age 45 b. MO
son Victor 15 b MO
s-i-l Worner Reimies 22 b MO
dau Florence age 19 b. MO
-----1930 census finds Adison (census spellins)55and Viola54 living with Warner and Florence Riemeier....

Posted: 10 Aug 2010 4:34AM GMT
My great grandfather is Alfred Jackson Reed born in Indiana about 1866. I know he was in Dunklin County, Mo. by 1880 and know about his life after that. I can not find his parents' names, sibling names or where in Indiana he was born. I have exhausted all sources outside of hring a genealogist. Does anyone have any suggestions?
moromans@aol.com

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: Reed, Victor Warren, Reed, Victor Henry
Hello - I am so sorry for not responding earlier. I would appreciate any help you can give me. My father, Victor Warren Reed, was born in Cook County, Illinois in March of 1930 and died in El Paso, Texas in July of 2002. He then lived with my grandparents, Victor Henry Reed and Elizabeth Haertlein Reed in St. Louis, MO, Kirkwood, MO. and Fredericktown, MO. My grandfather, Victor Henry Reed, was born in 1904 in Illinois and died in 1984 in Fredericktown, MO. My grandmother, Elizabeth, was born in 1904 in Germany and came here and settle in Cook County, Illinois. She died in 1984 also in Fredericktown, MO.

Again I appreciate any help that you can give me. I have been trying to learn about the Reed Family and have not been able to find very much.

Again, I am sorry for taking so long to answer you. Thank you so much. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Vicki Reed
Lees Summit, MO.

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 5:37AM GMT
I wish I could help you but none of the names that is
listed is known to me. The Reed name is really is a very
common name. I'll keep the lists of all the name and any
comes up I will contact you. Al Reed

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 6:58PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 7:03PM GMT
just doing a search through death records, led me to Victor Henrys sister, Florence Ida Reed Riemeier (husband Warner John Riemeier, owned a drug store - brother, Victor Henry Reed is informant on her death record)

Victor Henry REED parents:

Addison Ball Reed b 25 JUL 1873 d 17 MAR 1947 - looks as if you saved his death cert from someones tree as well?
Ida Viola Massie b 18 JUN 1874 d 29 MAR 1952
(her parents Henry Massie and Emma Adeline Dryden)

Addison Ball Reed parents: (as listed on his death certificate, informant is Victor Henry Reed)

James Mortimer Reed b d 21 Aug 1877
Mary Catherine Miller

Victor Henry REED sister, Florence, had a son, Warner Riemeier Jr with her husband, he was born about 1935 and they both were deceased by the time he was 10yrs old, so if you can find out whom raised him, you may have more information on the grandparents.

Florence b 1 JAN 1901 d 28 OCT 1944
Warner Riemeier b 8 FEB 1898 d 21 DEC 1942

As you seem to have found some other trees where there may be good leads, I would suggest you contacting them and seeing how to collaborate further.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions