Search for content in message boards

Ellen Mulvehill

Ellen Mulvehill

Posted: 22 Feb 2012 11:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mulvehill/Taylor/Lyons
Ellen Mulvehill, my great grandmother, her daughter Mary Ann (baptised Marianne Taylor at St Francis Church abt 1847). Ellen married Cornelius Lyons at St Francis abt 1852. A witness at the wedding was Bridget Mulvehill & I'm wondering if she is Ellen's sister. Ellen & Cornelius had a daughter Bridget and son Cornelius. I do know that Mary and Cornelius were in State care in the 1860s. Does anyone know when Ellen came to Victoria, and when she died, or any other info on her?

Re: Ellen Mulvehill

Posted: 17 May 2012 4:54AM GMT
Surnames: Mulvehill
name: John MULVERHILL
birth: Abt 1805
, , , Ireland
AFN: 246Q-H87
Marriages (1)
spouse: Mary KISIKIN (AFN: 246Q-H9F )
Hide children (1)

child 1: Bridget MULVIHILL (AFN: 246Q-C64 )
birth: Abt 1831
Shanagolden, Limrick, , Ireland
death: 11 May 1913
Crows Nest, , Queensland, Australia
burial: 13 May 1913
, Crows Nest, Queensland, Australia

==================================================
Found this on Bridget -not sure any connecction to Ellen though?

Posted: 17 May 2012 8:09AM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2012 8:11AM GMT
Treat this with caution,taken from a submitted tree on familysearch,no sources quoted.
Check shipping lists at Public Records Office of Victoria.

Posted: 17 May 2012 10:06AM GMT
Thank you. I saw this months ago and as you have suggested, I treated it with caution and didn't add it to my tree. I think I will have to try and track down a death record for Ellen.

Posted: 17 May 2012 10:07AM GMT
Thank you for the information.

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 10:55AM GMT
Hello, I saw your post and I am ashamed to say that cornelius Lyons is my ggggrandfather Bridget being my gggrandmother. I read the trove articles on him a while back and stopped doing the tree. Sad to say that Bridget married an ex convict by the name of Robert Zelley who seems to have been a bigamist and unsavoury character. he was many years older than her. I think Zelley and Lyons knew each other. Anyway that's not your tree. The info on Ellen is interesting - I always thought her surname was Melville . There is a cornelius Lyons Tasmanian convict arrived 1843.....may well be him.
Good luck with your searching
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions