Search for content in message boards

BARTLETT: Newbury, MA> Nottingham, NH> Garland, ME; 1575-1841

BARTLETT: Newbury, MA> Nottingham, NH> Garland, ME; 1575-1841

Posted: 11 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Oct 2002 3:36PM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT, EMERY, ORDWAY, GODFREY, FLANDERS, WHITCHER, WHITTIER, STEVENS, KIMBALL, BATCHELDER, CLEMENT
Here is my BARTLETT line. I would enjoy exchanging data with anyone who might have BARTLETT ancestors in common. This applies to the collateral lines as well. I am prepared to cite sources for all my data.

Richard BARTLETT (1575-1647) of Newbury, Massachusetts
+Joan ---------
:Richard BARTLETT (1621-1698) of Newbury
:+Abigail --------- (?-1687)
:.Richard BARTLETT (1649-1724) of Newbury
:.+Hannah EMERY (1654-1705) d/o John and Mary (--) EMERY
:..John BARTLETT (1678-1741) of Newbury
:..+Mary ORDWAY (1682-1755) d/o John & Mary (GODFREY) ORDWAY
:...John BARTLETT (1711-1798) of Nottingham, New Hampshire
:...+Zipporah FLANDERS (1716-1780)
.......d/o Phillip & Joanna (SMITH) FLANDERS
:....Nehemiah BARTLETT (b. 1756) of Nottingham, NH
:....+Abigail WHITCHER (1763-1831)
........d/o Benjamin & Abigail (STEVENS) WHITTIER
:....:Josiah BARTLETT (1782-1846) of Garland, Maine
:....:+Sarah (Sally) KIMBALL (1780-1859)
.........d/o Andrew and Mary (--) KIMBALL
:....:.Josiah BARTLETT (1813-1893) of Garland, Maine
:....:.+Eliza Ann BATCHELDER (1811-1887) <<<--- need parents
:....:..Ellen M. BARTLETT (1841-1920)
:....:..+George Milford CLEMENT (1836-1885) of Milo, Maine

The Bartletts of New Hamshire

Denise Morrill (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bartlett
I am interested in anymore information that you may have on the Bartletts of New Hampshire. You seem to have alot of info on the line i'm currently trying to trace.

Re: The Bartletts of New Hampshire

Posted: 16 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2005 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT
I have quite a bit of information on Bartletts and some related families in New Hampshire. Have a lot on Josiah Bartlett, Signer of the Declaration of Independence. Let me know what you need.

Denise Morrill (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2001 4:55AM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT
Winifred

I am interested in any info that you may have on the Bartletts of New Hampshire. Alot of my family were in Nottingham,Northwood,and Epsom.My GGrandfather was Allie Bartlett, his father-George Washington Bartlett-his father was Stephen Bartlett-his father was Joseph Bartlett-his father was John Bartlett-his father was Samuel Bartlett and his father was Richard Bartlett.Haveing a hard time finding info on george,stephen,joseph and john. any info would be greatly appreciated. thank you Denise

Re: BARTLETT: Newbury, MA> Nottingham, NH> Garland, ME; 1575-1841

Lisa Waterman (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2001 5:34AM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT, HOLMES
Hello I am searching for a William Bartlett and Elizabeth Holmes that had a son In Lancaster Co Pa on Sept 4 1804 His name was William Holmes Chambers Bartlett after William was born and still a young boy the family moved to St Louis Missiour.William went into the army from 1816-1820 from Missiour. Do you think I tie in with your family anywhere.Thank you.
Lisa

Willard Emery VI (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2001 5:36AM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT, EMERY, WEBSTER, SHATSWELL
The maiden name of Hannah Emery's mother was Mary WEBSTER. She was the daughter of John and Mary (ne Shatswell) Webster of Ipswich, Mass. Mary Shatswell married first John Webster, second John Emery, SR. of Newbury, Mass. Her daughter Mary Webster (by her first marriage to John Webster) married John Emery, JR., the son of John Emery, SR. and his first wife Alice (ne Grantham) Emery of Newbury. John, JR. and Mary (Webster) Emery's daughter Hannah Emery married John Bartlett of Newbury. John Emery, SR. was the son of John and Agnes (ne Northend) Emery of Romsey, Hampshire, England.

Bob Wood (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2001 2:39PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2001 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT, WOOD
In your line you list "Josiah BARTLETT (1813-1893) of Garland, Maine". I am seeking information on a Sarah Bartlett who married Frederick Wood of Bangor, ME. in the mid 1800's. The dates of Josiah would make it possible that he was her father. Do you know the names of his daughters?

Thomas A. Bartlett (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2001 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: bartlett
john,

i am also of the richard bartlett line (born 1621) and i have a page on the rootsweb world connect that you will find interesting and informative despite a minor typo or two that will be corrected on the next update. feel free to go there and make any use of the info there you may find.interesting.
get back to me if you find any useful info there. the url address is below. it looks like our lines split early on. yours went with richard and abigail belknap/welles son john and yours went with thier son richard. email me at magicman85206@yahoo.com if you like.
thomas a bartlett

http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?d...

Posted: 30 Sep 2002 5:23PM GMT
Surnames: Handford/Bartlett
Do you have Hezekiah Handford marrage to a Marium Bartlett I think around 1799 in New Hampshire.
Hope to hear from you.Thanks
Michelle

Re: The Bartletts of New Hampshire/related to a Columbus and Louis

George (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2006 10:50PM GMT
I am doing research on some Bartlett's that lived in the San Francisco and Oakland Bay Area. One is a Washington Bartlett Montgomery (1824- 1887), who was mayor of San Francisco and later Governor of California. He had a brother, Columbus, who a son Louis, in a oral history that Louis did for the University of California, he states that they were related to the Josiah Bartlett, who was the signer of the Declaration of Independence. I am wondering how they are related.

thanks

George
per page

Find a board about a specific topic