Search for content in message boards

William Napier Livingston/Levingstone/Livingstone, Kingston, JAMAICA West Indies

William Napier Livingston/Levingstone/Livingstone, Kingston, JAMAICA West Indies

Posted: 2 Feb 2006 5:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Livingston,Levingstone,Livingstone,Levingston
This is my Great Grandfather whose birth date was somewhere around 1879/1880. He emigrated from Scotland to Jamaica. I am looking for information from anyone who might have relatives with the same last name(s) and whose relatives have links to Jamaica. I also believe his eldest son whose name or nickname was "Prosper" left Jamaica and migrated to the States, possibly New York between 1920-1930. I have a photo of my great grandfather if interested.

Re: William Napier Livingston/Levingstone/Livingstone, Kingston, JAMAICA West Indies

Posted: 4 Feb 2009 9:46PM GMT
my names livingston and my family from jamacia?

Re: William Napier Livingston/Levingstone/Livingstone, Kingston, JAMAICA West Indies

Posted: 4 Feb 2009 9:46PM GMT
my names livingston and my family from jamacia?

Posted: 11 Apr 2009 9:37PM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2009 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: Livingston, Napier, Archbold
Hi, I am a Livingston whose greatgrandfather 3Xs lived in Kingston Jamacia; his name was Phillip Beekman Livingston - he was married to Mary Archbold and they had five children: Phillip, Mary, Robert, Jasper and Lawrence. Philip was from the large Livingston family of New York - first person in our family line was Robert Livingston (from Scotland) - does any of this sound familiar to you? There were several other Livingston Families in Jamaica - most were cousins of Phillip Beekman Livingston. In fact I have had contact with a wonderful young man whose surname is Livingston and he is interested in the Livingston and Napier families. Just thought, perhaps, this is you? My name is Cheryl - if you have been in touch with me - please email me at my personal email - if not - if you (the author of this poat) have not been in touch with me - then I am certain you and the young man I mentioned are related in some way. Post back to me IF YOU HAE NOT BEEN IN TOUCH WITH ME PREVIOUSLY! If you are C in Atlanta, please email me!

Posted: 18 May 2009 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: Livingston/Livingstone
Hello
I am doing a project for school and stumble upon your blog. I am original from Jamaica and I have never met any other Livingston who are African Americans besides my immediate family. So I would like to know a little more about my(our) ancestries. Since you have the same surname please respond to my curiosity. I would love to see a picture of your grand father since I have never met mine. My father was born in 1948. And I NEVER met my grandfather or great grandfather.

Posted: 18 May 2009 3:30PM GMT
Hello
I am original from Jamaica and I have never met any other Livingston who are African Americans besides my immediate family.I know nothing about hertiage. So if you could tell me where in Jamaica your family is from?

Posted: 18 May 2009 3:58PM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2009 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: Livingston, Livingstone, Wilson
Hello Cheryl.

I also have the Livingston surname and I am from Jamaica. I don't know as much as you about my(our)ancestories. I wanted to know if name family names sound familiar to you. My dad's mom name was Edith/Enid Wilson. She had three sons with the Livingston surname Sammy, Dennis and my father Anthony Robert Livingston(birth year 1948). He past away in 1994. I never met my grand father. All I know is that he move to England at some point. I still have relatives living in Jamaica. Please respond when you have the time.

Posted: 29 Sep 2009 3:41PM GMT
Surnames: livingston, napier
I am not at home, but I believe I have information on the Napier Livingston connection in Jamaica. Wondering: is this Chris? Cheryl

Posted: 29 Sep 2009 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: Livingston
OK, this may or may not be related at all, but I have been trying to bust through a brick wall in the research of my Livingston ancestry. I’ve confidently traced back to a Robert Livingston b1786 in Virginia, d. 1866 in Indiana, who’s father may have been John Livingston d. before 1821 in Kentucky. I have found numerous bits of information here and there regarding certain Virginia Livingstons who had commerce in Jamaica, though so far I have not been able to tie any of them into my family tree. I don’t have my research with me right now, but I know there was a Muscoe Livingston and at least one John.

I have no idea if any of these individuals are related to William Napier Livingston, I can’t even connect them to my ancestry as of yet. And I also don't know if they are related to the New York Livingstons mentioned. I do know that some of the Livingstons I have researched who came from or went to Virginia with ties to Jamaica have some connection to the New York branch, as there is mention of them in a will, and when one of the Virginia Livingstons got into legal trouble, he communicated with one of the New York Livingstons holding office.

But with a common location of Jamaica, I figure it doesn’t hurt to look. If any of you have your Livingston line going from Jamaica to Virginia, Kentucky, and/or Indiana, I would be interested to get with you to see if there might be someone I can tie into my tree to break me through this wall, I would be happy to share what information I have found as well.

Thanks,
Dennis Livingston

Posted: 2 Oct 2009 4:39AM GMT
First of all, please accept my sincerest apologies for the extremely late/tardy responses. The email this thread responds to is my wife’s personal email, and in her defense, she has repeatedly told me to check the board when she receives the notifications.

Queendee, I am from Jamaica. What part of Jamaica are you from? Do you have any information on the origins of your surname?

Lisha, I too am from Jamaica, …. Kingston, Jamaica to be exact. In the beginning of this thread I give some history of my Livingston knowledge. I believe there are some Jamaican Livingstons that are dark skinned, but that only deepens my curiosity as to who is the common factor. My great-grandfather was a direct immigrant from Scotland. He bore my grandfather, who had my father and then me. There were Livingston cousins on the Island that were related to my great grandfather, so I guess they came from Scotland as well. What can you tell me about your knowledge of the Livingston surname? Where on the Island are you from? How long ago did you migrate from JA?

Ahhhh, Cheryl!!! You have me pegged! Absolutely, this is Christopher in Atlanta! How have you been? It has certainly been a long time!!! My job has had me travelling so much that I haven’t had time to do much anthing else. When I make it home, its family time!! But no excuse, we can catch up via email if you still have my email address. I am not sure if you are on, or familiar with Facebook, but I recently joined to stay connected with everyone. I am sure I still have one of your e-mails archived, so I will try to look it up and shoot you an email.

Hi Dennis, the Livingston tree in Jamaica has been an enigma for me, for many years. There were quite a bit of them in Jamaica and I believe, all were related in some way, shape or form. Most of my great-grandfathers’ children migrated to New York (not Viginia, or Kentucky or Indiana) except for my grandfather and probably 2 siblings (there were 7 of them). The ones that migrated probably integrated into the Livingston namesake there in NY as it was a prestigious name there ( and in Texas too I believe). Keep this link and as time permits, if I find anything else, I will be sure to post. Cheryl is also an extremely resourceful lady when it comes on to the Livingston clan, so again, keep the link.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic