Search for content in message boards

Thomas "Mayflower" Rogers

Thomas "Mayflower" Rogers

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 1:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rogers
My dad "Tulles" Henry D Rogers always stated he was a descendent from the Thomas Rogers on the Mayflower. I have looked at several trees, they all seen to have Archibald Rogers 1793-1860 and go back, but no one comes up with the same ancesters.
My Dad was the son of John H Rogers 1847-1892 Clay co, NC.

Re: Thomas "Mayflower" Rogers

Posted: 1 Jan 2010 7:42PM GMT
There's a similar story floating around my husband's mother's side of the family. In the obituary for my husband's maternal great-grandfather, it states that he was descended from Thomas "Jefferson" Rogers of Mayflower fame and that the family had Thomas' trunk in its possession. I have been able to trace the Rogers ancestors back to the late 1600's in Long Island but nothing concrete before that. Personally, I think the Mayflower story may be a bit of wishful thinking on their part.

Posted: 1 Jan 2010 10:50PM GMT
I have never seen any proof that Thomas Rogers' had the middle name of Jefferson. This website is probably the most helpful I have seen:

http://www.thomasrogerssociety.com/p1.htm

Sandra

Posted: 2 Jan 2010 1:39AM GMT
Sandra,

I sincerely doubt that he had this middle name as well. That's why I think for this particular Rogers family, the connection with the Mayflower may just be a fanciful story that got embellished over the years. But, as with all things genealogy, you never know what proof may come up later.

Thanks for the link to the website. :-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions