Search for content in message boards

Thomas Blanchard

Thomas Blanchard

Posted: 23 Jan 2004 6:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blanchard, Dunn, Cliatt, Geesling, Gheesling, Langham, Lokey,Wheeler
My 8th great grandfather was named Thomas Blanchard. He was born between 1785-1590 in Lorraine France and he died 5-21-1654 in Charlestowne, Mass. He married Sarah ?? in 1613 who died in 1635 in London, England. They had the following children: John (b. 1625), George, Thomas, Nathaneal, Samuel, William, Peter, Gorlick, and Jonathan. After Sarah's death Thomas married Agnes Brent Barnes in 1638 and he married a third wife, Mary ?? in 1653. No children were born to either of the last two wives. If you have any information on any of these people i.e. birthdates, death dates, marriage dates, spouses names, etc...please contact me.

Re: Thomas Blanchard

Posted: 23 Jan 2004 6:39PM GMT
Correction to the immediately preceding message. Thomas Blanchard was born between 1585 - 1590.

Melody (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2004 12:56AM GMT
Surnames: Blanchard, Lepley, Fleischmann, Merrill, Ernst, Pruitt
Hello Genie--- I am new to this 'Blanchard' message board, and have just started looking into researching my husband's Blanchard family. I found your post interesting, because I found similarities in some of the names and dates. I show Thomas Blanchard b. 1590, and died 21 May 1654 in MA. I show him marrying Elizabeth [__?__] in 1617, and having 7 children. I found quite a bit of additional information on John Chandler's research site: http:/www.homepages.rootsweb.com/`blanch-1thomjosb.html
Sincerely, Melody

Posted: 18 Mar 2004 1:27AM GMT
Hi Melody, I, too, am new to this board. I pasted the URL you mentioned in my browser and got a 500 host not found msg.;however, John Chandler was kind enough to send me a copy of his comparison research on Thomas and Joseph Blanchard which I found quite useful. I believe that Joseph Blanchard whose birth date is presently unknown but who died December 1637 in Boston, MA is most likely my eighth great grandfather. If you would like to see my data base e-mail me and let me know if you would prefer the attachment done with Microsoft Word or a PDF on Adobe Acrobat Reader.

harvey blanchard (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2004 5:36PM GMT
HI, my name is harvey. i am a 12th generation of thomas from lorraine, france. i, too , have hit a roadblock in finding info. about thomas.i am a descendant of his son, john, born in 1625. i live in nc and am curious to find out more info. please e-mail with any info. thank you.

Posted: 4 Jul 2005 5:24PM GMT
Greeting,
Thomas was my 10th ggrandfather.It seems you have more info than I do I only had the names of 4 sons(George,Thomas,Nathaniel and Samuel)I am decended from Samuel.I have a little more info I got from lds data base but it is storage right now...we just moved.any info to share would be great.
Sam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions