Search for content in message boards

Thomas Minor and Theda/Feda Murray

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 May 2002 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: Dyke
Sue, You listed the Dike name in your message. Could you please let me know if the Dike's in your line were from Litchfield or not. I have been trying to locate info on a Milo Dyke in Norfolk, Ct. 1827 as an adult. He's estmated date of birth would be around 1806. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Sorry I can't help you with your Murry line. Pam Hillman

Thomas Minor and Theda/Feda Murray

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2003 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: MINOR, PALMER, BOOTH, CURTIS, BUTLER, BARBER, DART, HAYNES, WRIGHT, BREWSTER, OLDHAM, KEENEY, TURNER, FOSDICK, DARLING, COLT, ATWOOD, CARRINGTON, CALL, KETTELL, WARD, LOWDEN, COLE, SPRAGUE, GREEN, DIKE, THOMPSON, WOODWARD, FROST, VAN INGEN, HARRIS
I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.

Looking for parents of Theda/Feda Murray/Murry b. ca 1704 Litchfield, CT d. NY Oct 1749 Litchfield married 1725 to Thomas Minor (son of John Minor). Thomas married 2 Tabitha Treadwell in 1751.

I found one webpage that showed Theda's parents as Susanna Galpin (Gilpin) and James Murray. When I do a search on ancestry.com and LDS it shows Susannah married in 1698 to both a James Murray and a John Hawkins--obviously something is wrong here.

Anyway, if anyone can verify that Susan and James were Theda/Feda's parents and would like to share any other info they have available I would appreciate it greatly.

Sue

Litchfield CT

Posted: 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2003 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: PALMER, MINER, BOOTH, CURTIS, SPRAGUE, TURNER, ATWOOD, BARTHOLOMEW, ET AL
Hi Anita,

Yes, all of the ones you mentioned and more. I would be happy to exchange info with you and anyone else interested.

Eireniko@aol.com

aka Sue

LITCHFIELD, CT

Posted: 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2004 8:00PM GMT
Surnames: WOODWARD, TURNER, CURTISS, SANFORD, ATWOOD, NEWTON, LEAVENWORTH, MORSE, MOSS, DEMING
SUE,
ARE YOU RESEARCHING THE WOODWARD'S, CURTISS', TURNER'S AND ATWOOD'S FROM THE LITCHFIELD/NORTHFIELD AREA? THEY ARE MY DIRECT LINE AND I HAVE A LOT OF INFORMATION ON THEM, BUT I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR MORE. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SHARE WHAT I HAVE WITH YOU.

CONCERNING THE PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE SEARCHING, DO YOU KNOW WHAT CHURCH THEY WERE AFFILIATED WITH? I HAVE SOME RECORDS FROM THE NORTHFIELD CHURCH AND THE TRINITY CHURCH THAT I COULD GO THROUGH. I DON'T HAVE THEM ALL BUT THEY MAY BE ON THE SHEETS THAT I HAVE.

-ANITA MCKINNEY

Litchfield Co., CT - Asa James Sturdevant

Marian (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sturdevant, Lilly, Cave, Gulliford
I have information that a Asa James Sturdevant, b. 31 Jan 1781 in Litchfield Co., CT. That he had a brother Samuel and they were sons of John and Mary (Sanford) Sturdevant.

Sturdevant Surnames

Posted: 7 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 9:59PM GMT
Marian, I printed your query and will respond to your email address after I gather the information for you. It will take me awhile.

Elaine Sturdevant

Sturdevant Surnames

Marian (View posts)
Surnames: Sturdevant, Cave, Lilly, Gulliford
I would like more information on these names that have married into the Sturdevant Family.
(1) Miriam Howe, b. 1765 in Wells, Rutland, Vermont.(her father: David Howe)
m. Caleb Sturdevant 21 March 1782
(2) Ascenth (Asenth) Lilly, b. 4 Oct 1793 in Shaftsburg, Bennington, Vermont.
m. Ira Hainer Sturdevant.28 April 1793, in Tinmouth, R. VT.
(3) Mary Jackson, b. 1678 in CT ( I think Litchfield Co.)
m. John Sturdevant
(4) Keziah Abbot, (parents: Jonathon Abbott & Sarah Olmstead) m. John Sturdevant. (parents John & Mary Jackson Sturdevant)
(5) Hannah Knapp, b.1734 in CT. m. James Sturdevant Her parents were Caleb Knapp and Abigail Brasy from CT.(could this be Litchfield County, CT?)
(6) Holsea Cave m. Susanna Smith
(7) Holsea Cave, b. 30 Oct 1775 m. Mary Titchener 7 Sep 1800

Thanks, Marian mfpedersen@msn.com

Asa James Sturdevant

You're welcome. Do you need any other info that I might have?

Sturdevant, Asa James

Marian (View posts)
Thanks for your information.

Asa James and Mary Sturdevant

Surnames: Sturdevant
Yes, Marian, that's the information I have in my database. I do have more, too.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic