Search for content in message boards

Encalade, Yucatan

Encalade, Yucatan

Posted: 10 Feb 2011 4:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2011 4:54AM GMT
Surnames: Encalade, Cusbal, Guidry
I was excited to see if anyone has more info than I do on the following people?
>
> Rogue Encalade born Abt. 1735 in Vacalar, Spain. He is married to
> Marie de Jesus Cusbal from Campachi,Yucatan.
>
> Looking for more info on: Jocques Manuel born in Bacalas, Campeche,
> Mexico abt. 1765 married in 1793 to Marie Louise Nadal from German Coast.
>
>> I am also interested in how the Spanish came to live in Barataria, especally Grand Isle and Camonada. My Guidry's married into the above family with grand daughter of Celeste Encalada, etc. who married Jocques > dit Dupre Terrebonne, etc. too long to list.
>
> All of the above was taken from others years ago, so I have no prof of where they originated from. I do have birth or Bapt. from St. Louis Cath, once the came to this area.
> > I am also interested in how the Spanish/ Yucaatanians came to live in Barataria, C. Camanada, Grand Isle, etc. >

I have been working on this for years and love this puzzle, can anyone help, or tell me of books or web sites! Thanks
Claire Guidry, Houma, La.

Re: Encalade, Yucatan

Posted: 14 Oct 2011 6:57PM GMT
Hi Dear, I am very excited to find someone else doing this research also. I too am a desendent of Roque Encalada and Marie de Jesus Casbol. Manuel Jacques Ancalada the son of Roque who married Louise Anne Marie Nadal. Her father was Ettienne Nadal. Her mother name was Marie Hurto. I don't have the correct spelling of her mother name at present I am at work, and a lot of my info is at home. they had a son named Jaques Encalade who married Barbe' St. Anne who had at least six children, one was Prospere Jacques Encalade who married Marie Barthelemy a slave woman of Bartheleny Paul Batiese and Marie Encalade. Had children one was Prospere Encalade Jr. who was a slave Married Elisabeth McKenney who had about 14 children, one was Octave Encalade who married theresa Duplessis whohad about 9 children one was josseph Encalade woh married Alice isidore, they had 10 children one was Charles Encalade woh married Audrey Williams woh had five children one was Me Barbara Ann Encalade-Riley. so My ancestor are the same as yours. I have dates aon most of this, I don't have then with me I am just so excited to contact you. By the way I also have a few of the Death records. Christing papers ststing prospere jr was a slave because hif father married a Maulatto slave. By the way I live in Plaquemines Parish but I do know that Manuel Ancalada have families in grand Isle.Barataria etc. To my understaanding they came here to work. I ould be wrong, but I'll find out in a week or so. You see a couple of ladies an myself has orginized this genealogy group to find more information. also we have met this great guy named Williams Stringfield who is the Genealogist who have provifed us with al lot of info. Please feel free to contact me. Thanks Barbara

Posted: 5 Jan 2012 8:26PM GMT
Hello My name is barbara Encalade riley I am a decendent Of roque Encalada and Marie De Jesus Cosbal. They were the parent of Jacques Manuel Encalade, who married Marie Louise Nadal. Roque Encalade is my 9the Generational Grand Father. Please contact me so we can share this information. Thanks Barbara

Posted: 5 Jan 2012 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Re: Encalade, Yucatan
HEllo, I am so sorry I missed your note in October. I just read it and know we can swap info. My Uncle, Jeff Guidry of Houma, and later Lafayette was my insperation for this research. I began 30 yrs. ago, and have done most of our families. I have Family Tree Maker, and never was sure if I had correct info. Tell me what I can send you, and do you post it all on line? I have a different line hat goes from Susanne Terrebonne Guidry ( Barataria)to my uncle. I'll look for your reply. Thanks for answering. Claire Barker

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 7:57PM GMT
Hi I too am sorry that I missed your respond, but I haven't check for a while. I know that if you have been doing this for a while that sometimes you may go a few nonths just not doing anything with it then again it bloom into a lot of respend. Enen though I work with the kids and with the school system I am not very good with the computer. I have most of my information in a large notebook. I have a family tree m,aker but have to change some info. since I have documents I have to make a few corrections. I have also respond to a few people that is descendent of Roque Encalade . So tell me what information do you have/

Posted: 7 Dec 2012 8:13PM GMT
Manuel Encalade is the son of Roque Encalade. I too am a descendent. I have some information that may ne of intrest to you. My name is Barbara Encalade Riley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic