Search for content in message boards

family Borik/Horakov from Zinkovy close to Nepomuk/Plzen

family Borik/Horakov from Zinkovy close to Nepomuk/Plzen

Barbara Borik (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Borik, Horakova, Duchek, Novakova
Dear all,

I am looking for descendants of Frantisek Borik. He was born on 8.2.1834 in Zinkovy, a small village close to Nepomuk and about 30 km south of Plzen. His mother was Katerina Duchka and his father Vojtech Borik. They were farmers living in Zinkovy Number 16 respectively 14.
Frantisek Borik went to live in Vienna-Schwechat. There he married on 1.8.1859 Katharina Linsmayer from Gruen in Bohemia. Their son Franz Borik left Vienna-Schwechat and settled down in Köln.
Me, I was also born in Köln, but actually I live close to München.

Thanks for your help.
Sincerely,

Barbara Borik

Re: family Borik/Horakov from Zinkovy close to Nepomuk/Plzen

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 2:18PM GMT
I might have news for you. Please write
f.bac@tiscali.it

Posted: 7 May 2012 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Hora/Horakova, Borik/Borikova, Machacek/Machackova
I have an ancestor named Josepha Borikova of Zinkovy 14. She married Martin Hora of Zinkovy. Their son, Jan Hora was born 1835, Zinkovy 14. Jan married Dorota Machackova of Horsice, and they came to America in 1866.

You may already know, but I just discovered that surnames express gender in the Czech language. Hora is male and Horakova is female. Borik is male and Borikova is female. Novac is male and Novakova is female. Machacek is male and Machackova is female.

I am hopeful our ancestors are related.

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 3:22PM GMT
yeah, I think we're somehow related. Same place, same period of time. Can I have your email, if you don't mind?
Franco - Milann, Italy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic