Search for content in message boards

Britton Taylor

Britton Taylor

Arnold Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TAYLOR, WILSON
Searching for information about Britton Taylor, son of Daniel and Patience, prob gr son of Cornelius. Cornelius was a resident of Edgecombe Co. Britton was at one time a resident of Franklin Co. Britton was married to Elizabeth Wilson, dau of Robert Wilson and gr dau of Edward Wilson, Sr. Britton and Elizabeth left Nash Co. in 1818 and went to Whitley Co., KY, in the company of Joseph and Nancy Wilson Taylor. Joseph was prob Britton's bro or cousin and Nancy was sister to Elizabeth. I need any information about the ancestry of Britton and Elizabeth.

Willson/Wilson 1700-1800

Marilyn (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Dicken, Mercer, Cotton, Battle
I don't know if our Willson/Wilson family was connected to yours, but I have Willsons who are found in Edgecombe, Northampton, Halifax, Hertford, Bertie and maybe Pitt Cos.

(Isaac Willson was the son of William Willson and one of his first two wives: Ann ___?, or Rebecca Braswell)

Isaac Willson d. Edgecombe 1779 his will mentions sons:
William Willson, James Willson, Willis Willson, John Willson, Wylie Willson and dau Anne Cotton. Wife: Susannah

Son, William Willson b. 1751?, d. 1804, his will mentions daus: Nancy, Susannah & "Polly" (Mary). Sons:James and Louis D. Wilson. Wife: Elizabeth (Dicken)

Son, James Willson of Edgecombe I have on info on him.

Son, Willis Willson b. abt 1760 (tentative: m. Sarah Blunt in 1788 Northampton Co. had dau: Elizabeth Wilson)

Son, John Willson b. abt 1760 m. Mary Mercer both died Edgecombe. Son: Isaac Wilson

Son, Wylie Willson He was the exr of the estate of Joel Cotton, hus of Anne Willson, his sister in 1795, Halifax, Co.

Dau, Anny Willson m. Jobe/Joel Cotton of Scotland Neck, Halifax Co., NC. Jobe Cotton died in 1796. Sons: Robert Cotton, Whitmel Cotton, John Cotton, James Wilson Cotton, Josiah Cotton, Josiah Cotton. Daus: Mary Cotton, Dorothy M. Cotton (died single in Halifax Co.), Elizabeth Cotton.

At least this gives you somewhere to search.

Marilyn

Battle Families

Lena Hart Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Battle
I am trying to local information on the late Maggie Battle family last resident was Macclesfield, N.C. or

Gorham Battle of Macclesfield, N.C. At the time of his death he was residing on the Will Cobb Farm there in December of 1956.

Re: Battle Families

Posted: 17 Dec 2001 6:17PM GMT
To Whom It may concern.
I am trying to locate my family. When I seen your last name
was a Battle I was hoping you are related to me. I want to Know if you know a Percy Battle, Josaphine Battle, and a Garfield Battle. I also have more relatives in the Rocky
Mountains in North Carolina. Please write back to let know if
you are my family. After the terrible incident that happen on
September 11 at the World Trade Center, I learned it is
important to keep in contact with your. I also learned family is
very important.
Sincerely Yours,
Sharlene Battle

Re: Battle Families

Posted: 18 May 2004 10:56PM GMT
Surnames: Battle
I am looking for information on Graham Battle he married Fannie. They had children named Lillie, Roy, Dallas and Magnolia to name a few. Their children were born in 1930s and 1940s
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions