Posted: 18 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Correll, Ussery, Reed, McCoy, Christie
Joseph Correll
Phillip Ussery
Bate Ogle Reed
Mollie Ellen McCoy
Charlotte Christie

Any information on the above names would be appreicated.

Thanks,
Linda

Re: Families of Interest

Denise Luddeke (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2002 6:59PM GMT
Linda,
I'm researching the Gilliland family and Reed family, (to include Bate Ogle Reed and Molly Ellen McCoy) and saw your posting yesterday. I have only just begun my research, but would like to contact you via email, directly.
Thanks~~
Denise
DLuddeke@Juno.com

Posted: 15 Feb 2007 2:57AM GMT
Denise:
You are welcome to contact me via e-mail - hope to hear from you soon.
Linda

Posted: 15 Feb 2007 3:06AM GMT
Denise:
I just realized that your e-mail was directed to a person named Linda. Now, that could be in response to the Linda who sent the original message (circa 1999) regarding "Families of Interest" and you do not have an e-mail address for this person OR you could be responding to my post in search of Craven Shellburn Reed (somehow, I think, realated to Bate O. Reed). As my name is also Linda I believe there has been some confusion here. So, as per my previous e-mail to you, you may respond to me directly if you choose. As I too have an interest in the Reed family, perhaps we can help each other out.
Linda

Posted: 24 Feb 2007 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: McCoy
Who were your Mollie McCoy's parents?

Posted: 7 Apr 2007 3:50AM GMT
While researching the people who are buried in several Sequoyah County cemeteries, I found the following information regarding the surnames of people in your query. If you can fill some blanks for me I will appreciate it very much. I need to know the name of Phillip Ussrey’s wife and any dates you have on her. She is buried at Buffington, but that is all I know. I also need Lucy Correll’s dates. From my Ussrey research I believe she was born about 1876. Was Joseph Correll Perry’s father? The George Ussrey buried at Dwight Mission was the son of Phillip’s brother, William. The father of Phillip and William was also named Phillip, but you probably already know this. I look forward to hearing from you with any information you can share.

Buffington Cemetery
Correll, Earl died July 27, 1899; age 32 years
Correll, George W., born May 13, 1904 in Stilwell, Oklahoma; died October 4, 2001; s/o
Thomas Lee Correll and Virgie Virginia Towery
Correll, J. M., age 52 years; s/o Perry Correll
Correll, Lucy, m/o Perry Correll
Correll, Thomas Lee, born February 18, 1861; died August 19, 1919
Ussrey, no dates; Perry Correll’s grandmother
Ussrey, Phillip, died January 11, 1879; age 45 years; Perry Correll’s grandfather
Ussrey, Lee Roy, born December 24, 1861; died March 29, 1939, s/o Franklin B. Ussrey, and
Rebecka Matilda Morris, h/o Rececca S.

Dwight Mission
Christie, Archibald, born 1883; died April 17, 1902
Christie, Israel, born September 3, 1880; died April 16, 1949; died at the home of Hez Edgmon
Christie, Nellie, died December 13, 1915; 67 years of age; maiden name Springfrog; funeral
services were charged to Dick Christie and Ike and Nellie Chuculate
Christie, William, born abt. 1850; died 1902; h/o Nellie Springfrog
Correll, Phillip, died January 12, 1918; age 17 years; died in Dwight Mission dormitory fire
McCoy, Elight Tom, born January 1, 1929; died July 10, 1965; s/o Stand McCoy and Jessie
Plum
McCoy, Jessie, born April 21, 1908; died May 7, 1968; d/o Tom Plum and Alice Griffin; w/o
Stand McCoy;
McCoy, Pricilla Mac, born 1934; died 1936; d/o Mr. and Mrs. Levi McCoy; g-d/o Mr. and Mrs.
George Dotson
Ussrey, Samuel Franklin, born November 30, 1877; died November 1, 1928; s/o James Ussrey
and Alice Freshour, stone
Ussrey, Alice, born about 1862; died February 14, 1893; age 31 years; d/o William Freshour and
Marcha; md 1st James Ussrey; md 2nd George Ussrey; m/o Samuel Franklin Ussrey and
Pinkie Alice McInerney
Ussrey, George W., born December 19, 1856; died July 28, 1945; s/o William Ussrey and
Rachel Jolly; md 1st Alice Freshour Ussrey; md 2nd Myra Walker, f/o Georgia Ann
McCoy
Ussrey, Joe Wilson, born December 16, 1913; died May 4, 2002, TSGT U. S. Air Force WW II,
Korea and Vietnam, stone
Ussrey, Elmyra Ester, born February 10, 1875; died February 2, 1955; d/o Richard
Walker and Betty Herring; w/o George Ussrey; m/o Georgia McCoy and Wanda Ussrey

Posted: 21 May 2012 2:28AM GMT
My Molly Ellen McCoy's parents were Ellen Adair and Richard Martin McCoy. I would love to share information. I found Ellen Adair's grave site and am looking for more information about her husband, my 4x great-grandfather. Let me know if we are in the same tree. :)

Posted: 21 May 2012 2:35AM GMT
Linda, I would like to talk to you about the genealogy...it's been forever since I have been on this site and did not see your postings. Hopefully we can re-establish dialogue about our ancestors. I'm still looking for Richard Martin McCoy, my 4x great grandfather... I hope we can help each other.
Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic