Search for content in message boards

Coghlan's in County Limerick

Coghlan's in County Limerick

Posted: 18 Jan 2003 3:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coghlan, Coughlan, Coughlin, Egan
I am researching: Patrick Coghlan, Ballyvarra, Killeenagarriff Civil Parish; Michael Coghlan, Garraun and Upper Grange, Killeenagarriff Civil Parish; Michael Coughlin, Upper Grange, Killeenagarriff Civil Parish.

Also looking for Egan's in the same townlands.

Pat Coughlin

Re: Coghlan's in County Limerick

Posted: 6 Mar 2003 4:05PM GMT
Surnames: Coghlan
I have some information on a Michael Coghlan who left with his wife to live in Stafford, England in 1849. Could this be the same Michael?

Sandra Murray ( norriemurray@hotmail.com)

Pat Coughlin (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2003 4:52PM GMT
Surnames: Coghlan, Coughlan, Coughlin, Egan, Fitzgerald, Downey, Cleary
Sandra:

There could be a relationship. I have found three Coghlan families living in two adjacent townlands, which suggests that they may be related. I would appreciate receiving the information on your Michael Coghlan.

Pat Coughlin

Posted: 6 Mar 2003 9:50PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2003 12:17AM GMT
Try this site:http://cwis.livjm.ac.uk/soc/families/staffirish/staffdirish..... I am starting to trace the Coghlan family tree, I would be interested to swap information with you but as I am a beginner, it may be a while. In Stafford, (my home town) there are many Coghlans and we are all related and Michael and Anne are the 'root' of the Stafford Coghlans. I have asked around from several of the families to find out as much as possible from their side and to let me know so that I may try and piece us all together and back track to Michael and Ann. I also beleive that there were other Coghlans that came to Stafford but they moved on, many to America, Michael was the only one to set root.

Posted: 6 Mar 2003 9:55PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2003 12:17AM GMT
You could contact me direct at norriemurray@hotmail.com

Sandra

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 6:02PM GMT
I've noticed that you mention Egan and Shaughnessy in some of your e-mails. My grandmother was Catherine Agnes Egan from Limerick. Her mother's maiden name was Shaughnessy. Do you think you could help me delve farther back?

Posted: 4 Apr 2008 9:32PM GMT
Surnames: COUGHLIN, EGAN, SHAUGHNESSY
My Egan connection is with Tom Egan, who married my great aunt Mary Coughlin (also sp. Coghlan. She was born in 1858, but I don't have a DOB for Tom. Mary was raised in a townland about six miles outside Limerick. When she and Tom married, they moved to the city.

As for my Shaughnessy connection, Pat and Anne Shaughnessy were godparents to my great uncle Thomas Coughlin, and John and Mary Shaughnessy were godparents to my great uncle Michael Coughlin.

Regards,

Pat
per page

Find a board about a specific topic