Search for content in message boards

Las Cruces and Santa Barbara Cordero lines *

Las Cruces and Santa Barbara Cordero lines *

Susan Cadena (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2006 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cordero
My husband's ancestors Edwardo and Edwarda (Jennie) Cordero married 1884 in Santa Barbara and had 15 or 16 children, including Angel, Serafina, Mary, Annie, Edder and Thomas. Is anyone familiar with this line? Edwardo was born 1857 in Las Cruces, Jennie 1864 in Santa Barbara.

Re: Las Cruces and Santa Barbara Cordero lines *

Posted: 31 Jan 2010 2:25AM GMT
I am from that line.

Posted: 2 Feb 2010 2:33AM GMT
Hi, thanks for writing back. My husband is related to Ramona Cordero b.1890. She was daughter of Edwardo Cordero (b. 1857, Las Cruces) and Edwarda (Jennie) Cordero (b. 1864, Santa Barbara). (Edwarda's maiden name was also Cordero. She and her husband were 3rd cousins, once removed.) Which one(s) are you related to?

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 4:20AM GMT
Hi, My great grandparents are Edwardo and Edwarda Cordero.

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 4:22AM GMT
My grandmother was Silvia Erolinda Cordero. She was a daughter to Eduardo and Edwarda. Does anyone in your family by chance know what happened to her? She went by Lena Cordero. She married Leon Herrera and then Martin Sotelo.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 4:51AM GMT
Surnames: Cordero
You have just solved a mystery for me. I have a record of your grandmother's birth, but could not fit her into my list of known children of Edwarda and Eduardo. I have a list of some, maybe all of her kids but no idea what happened to her. According to the mission in Santa Ines, Lena was born December 1899 and baptized 28 Mar 1900.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 3:36PM GMT
There is a website sbcordero.net Have you visited it?
I have another Cordero relative helping me in my quest to find her final resting place. Silvia "Lena" Cordero had 12 Children of her own. Five are still living.

Posted: 16 Oct 2010 9:38AM GMT
Surnames: Cordero, Voight
My Great-Great Grandparents were Edwardo & Edwarda Cordero. I know they had a son; Thomas & a daughter; Mary. Mary is my Great Grandmother who married Julius Voight. Together they had 6 daughters and 2 sons. My Grandmother is their oldest daughter; Laura.I was told Edwarda's maiden name was Cordero and was Edwardo's cousin? I do have a picture of them. I do know where Mary & Julius are buried. Please contact me if you believe this is your family. Thank You, Lorraine

Posted: 3 Feb 2012 5:55PM GMT
Edwardo & Edwanda Cordero are my Great-Grandparents. Their daughter, Mary Cordero & husband, Julius Voight are my grandparents. One of their "8" children was my my mother Marie Voight, Laura Voight's sister (your grandmother). I am trying to find out more about the Cordero family too. I would love to know more.

Posted: 3 Feb 2012 8:22PM GMT
Hello,

I am just learning on this website some new information about my grandmother, Mary Cordero's ancestry. Reading this information has opened a floodgate of questions about the Cordero family. I learned today that Eduardo & Eduarda Cordero were the parents to my grandmother. I am so interested in learning anything I can about the Cordero family. I understand that a family tree exists somewhere. Can you help me? I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks, Kathleen
Email Address: kedmundson@ca.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic