Search for content in message boards

FISCHER FAMILY FROM YORK, PA.

FISCHER FAMILY FROM YORK, PA.

Posted: 16 Dec 1999 6:40AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2003 6:40PM GMT
I would like to share information with relatives of GOTTLEIB FISCHER from York, Pa. around 1760. He was married to URSULA HOFFSTODT. Please contact if you have a connection. Thanks, SUSAN FISHER ROBINSON

John Michael Fis(c)her

Posted: 15 Feb 2000 3:13PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 5:58PM GMT
I have a John Michael Fisher, reportedly arrived York, PA 1836 as a widower and remarried there. I doubt if he is related to your line. However do you happen to have any information re place of emigration from Germany? Thanks. Dwight

FISCHER/FISHER

Posted: 15 Feb 2000 4:09PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2003 6:40PM GMT
Our line of FISCHER arrived in America in 1750 most likely at the Port of Philadelphia. I am not familiar with your relatives name. I am only going on family information at this time as I haven't found the ship that he arrived on along with two brothers. Happy hunting.

Gotlieb Fischer

Posted: 17 Feb 2001 9:25PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2003 4:33AM GMT
Thanks for your link to Gotlieb Fisher / Ursula Hoffstadt last year. Just came across your message again. I, too am a 6th generation decendant of Gotlieb. If you wish to exchange info, please contact me at my new e-mail address--yourcarhauler@yahoo.com.
Thanks, Mark Lay

Re: Gotlieb Fischer

Posted: 28 Dec 2002 11:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Apr 2003 10:38PM GMT
Surnames: Hoffstodt/Hoffstot
I have long sought a connect to any Huffstot/Hoffstot/Hoffstadt/Hoffstaudt etc. relatives. This is an unusual surname and apparently the entire connection goes through York, PA. I have traced my roots back to a John Huffstot(etc.) + Eliza Liebert/Libert who married in or near Beaver County, PA in the late 1850's. My g-g-grandfather, Hosea Huffstot (1859 - 1937) was their son. John went to the Civil War and reportedly was lost in the Battle of the Wilderness. The family moved to Youngstown, Ohio, and then to St. Louis.

I am most interested in Gotlieb Fischer and Ursala Hoffstodt. Ursala's relatives must also have come over from Ave, Mecklenburg-Schwerin (Germany), in order for there to be others w/this surname. I have found Barbara, William, Peter, and Nancy so far, but do not know the connection or real dates for birth/death. Any info you have would be very appreciated.

Re: FISCHER FAMILY FROM YORK, PA.

Posted: 20 Mar 2009 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: fisher
Hello! Gotlieb & Ursula are my g-g-g-g-g-grandparents! I have been trying to gather information on them since I just recently found out about my dad's side of the family. you can email me if you'd like. shahn0785@hotmail.com

Posted: 21 Mar 2009 7:52PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
my fischer family is from ny henry fischer johann heinrich fischer , and all the children lived in wny and they moved to kansas after their parents died, they starte life out in wny blossom ny and when johhann heinrich kittell died and his wife amma maria becht died the children sold the farm and moved to topeka kansas and the youngest child elmer frederick fischer moved to la and died there in 1963
there are so many fischer in this country they are hard to find, and search the information on all of them my ggrandfather john g fischer born in 1839 came here from schweirin germany but i have not idea what ship he emigrated on or how he got her, if any one out there can find them on emigration lists census lists or naturlizationor marriage records iw ouldlike to hear from you

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 10:08AM GMT
Surnames: Fischer Family
I am searching for my Cousin Karl Fischer, who father was in Austria parliament there. I have found my cousins who live half way around the world, 1 lives in Spain, 1 lives in UK and the other 2 live in Melbourne Australia. These are Karl's sisters. They are searching for the Fischer family from Hungary.

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: K
I AM SEARCHINF FOR WILLIAM G FISCHER AND CHARLOTTE FISCHER HE WAS BORN IN 1832 AND SHE WAS BORN IN 1839 I WOULD LIKE MARRIAGE RECORDS, CENSUS RECORDS OR EMIGRATION RECORDS THEY EMIGRATED AROUND 1852, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE SHIP THEY EMIGRATED ON OR ANY OTHER INFORMAITON YOU CAN SEND ME THEY LIVED IN NEWSTEAD NY AND CLARNECE NY AND THEY ARE BURIED IN THE FILLMORE CENETERY IN WNY,ANN DERNER 365 STONEY BOTTOM RD, FRONT ROYAL VA, 222630

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: Fischer Family
I am searching for my Cousin Karl Fischer, who father was in Austria parliament there. I have found my cousins who live half way around the world, 1 lives in Spain, 1 lives in UK and the other 2 live in Melbourne Australia. These are Karl's sisters. They are searching for the Fischer family from Hungary. This is the only infomation I have in finding Mr Fischer's father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic