Search for content in message boards

I know lots of roofs

I know lots of roofs

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Feb 2002 11:13PM GMT
John Reason Roof was Martin Van Buren Roof and Daniel Boone Roof's brother. I show a Michael Roof being born to Nicholas Acon Roof and his second wife Lucinda Thompson Houchins.

Re: I know lots of roofs

Bobbie Roof (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2002 8:04PM GMT
John Reason is my great grandfather his son Alva Greenville is my grandfather. wanting to know who Johns father was and also who is michael's father?

Roger Pierce (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2002 9:02PM GMT
This Branch of the Roof family is as follows:
1. Michael P. Roof b. Mecklinberg, Germany, m. Susanna Painter
2. Nicholas Acon Roof b. 1750 in Heidelburg, Germany d April 21, 1814 in Hardin County, Kentucky m. Catherine Barbara (Barbary) Murritt b. bef. 1754 d. Aft 1814 Hardin County, Kentucky
3. Nicholas Acon Roof Jr. b. 1793 d. January 4, 1861 in Edmondson, Kentucky, 1st. Wife Lucinda Thompson Houchins 2nd. Wife Ruby Alice Rhoads b. 1795 d. August 11, 1853 in Edmondson, Kentucky From this Union the following Children were born:
Martin Van Buren Roof
Cynthia
John Reason
Sarah Ann
Nancy Reason
Elizabeth
Nicholas Acon
Ruby
Eliza
Daniel Boone
I do have some of the dates for these children and off-spring as well as children from Nicholas Jr.
My line comes through Martin Van Buren (Rev.)
You can e-mail me at piercerntx@earthlink.net

Lois Sharp (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2002 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: Roof & Rhoads
Would you share your source and where you got your information. I have some dates that are different than yours and Rhuby (Rhoads) died 2/20/1853, so I have all 11 children as Nicholas and Rhueby's. My family comes from Daniel Boone Roof son of Nicholas. Where did you find Nicholas Acorn as his middle name?
Lois

Roger Pierce (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2002 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: Roof Family
My source of information on the Roof Family came from My Mother who had worked on the Family Geneology for many years. She traveled all over the country visiting family members, going to Court Houses, and visiting Cemeteries. Nicholas middle name as I read moms notes is ACON. If you have additional information or find that any of mom's is not correct I would appreciate knowing the facts.

Virginia Penrod (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2003 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Preston, Elder, Smith, Anderson, Roof, Lindsey
Lois, I too am a descendant of Daniel Boone Roof. My great grandmother was Nancy Mary Roof. Which child of Daniel Boone and Mary(Marry) Ann Lindsey Roof are you from??? My email address is kp1@classicnet.net. Any info you have is greatly appreciated. :) Thank you!

Lois Sharp (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2003 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: ROOF, BAILES, LUCAS
Virginia, My grandmother was a daughter of Daniel Boone Roof and Louisa Lucas, his second wife. Grandmother's name was Sophie (Roof) Bailes

Posted: 28 Oct 2013 10:55PM GMT
I am a descendent of Daniel Boone Roof as well. My great grandmother was Cora Mudd, Daniel and Polly's granddaughter.

Posted: 23 Jun 2014 9:41PM GMT
My email address is vlp61@sbcglobal.net I must have changed email addy after I wrote my message years ago. I do have a copy of Daniel Boone Roof's picture if anyone is interested, please email me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic