buried at Woodland Cemetery

Rhonda
franke@atcjet.net

Re: Liedkie - Lewiston, Idaho

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 4:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Liedkie
Hi Rhonda,
I first found Ernest in 1900 in Sanborn, Alpena Co., MI.
Ernest, b. Germany, March 1868, marr 7 yrs, immigrated 1872, pending application, farmer.
Mary, wife, b. Germany Nov 1872, immigrated 1882.
Margaret, dau, b. MI Apri 1893.
Annestura?, mother, b. Germany, Aug 1837, immigrated 1872, widow, gave birth to five children but four alive in 1900, doctor.

In 1910 Earnest and his second wife Phebie were living in Pleasant View, idaho Co., ID.
Earnest L., b. Germany, 42, 2nd marr, farmer.
Phebie H., b. NE, 21, 1st marr.
Rachel B., b. NE, 7.
Hearl H., b. ID, 4/12ths.

In 1920 they were still living in Pleasant View, Idaho Co., ID.
Earnest L., b. Germany, 51, immigrated 1873, naturalized before 1920 Census, farm owner.
Pebe, b. NE, 31.
Rachel N., b. NE, 17.
Harold G., b. ID, 10.
Edith M., b. ID, 9.
Ruth L., b. ID, 6.
W. Frederick, b. ID, 3.
R. Raymond Tally, boarder.

In 1930 they were still living in Pleasant View.
Earnest, b. Germany, 62, marr @ 41 [2nd marr], immigrated 1873, naturalized, general farmer.
Phebe V., b. NE, 42, marr @ 21.
Harold G., b. ID, 20, single.
Edith M., b. ID, 19, single.
Ruth L., b. ID, 16.
Frederick W., b. ID, 13.
Marjorie E., b. ID, 8.
Carl E., b. ID, 4.
Francis E., b. ID, 1.
Thomas Gager, hired man.

The 1930 Census is the most recent one that is viewable by the public at this time.

A Phebe Liedkie b. 2 May 1889, Last Residence=Lewiston, Nez Perce Co., ID, d. Feb 1984. Her soc. sec. # was assigned in Idaho in 1965. Source: Social Security Death Index, www.ancestry.com.

There is a volunteer at Random Acts Genealogical Kindness who will find copies of obituaries. Go to www.raogk.org, read instructions, choose Idaho, choose Nez Perce Co.

I didn't find Earnest's death info but someone had posted a Family Tree on Ancestry which showed he died in Idaho in 1962. I'd contact the Idaho State Historical Society Public Archives and Research Library, www.idahohistory.net/library_archives.html who does research for a fee. Successful Searching!

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 7:24AM GMT
Yours is an older message, you may have already received answers. I would NOT pay for research, there is enough information on this family to risk someone charging you. I will give you a bit of what's available, it's late and I need to go.

If not, there are several persons posting family trees on this family. If you have ancestry.com either at home or via your local library, you can access a mass amount of information.

1. From:
http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?tid=7943402&pid...
Posted by lahoward101. Showed Ernest born March 25, 1868 in Germany, died 1962 in Lewiston, ID, arrived 1873.

2. From:
http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?pid=-1693373108&...=
Posted by annvan152 shows Frances Evelyn born 17 Sep 1928, died 10 Nov 1985 in Forest Lake, Minnesota. married Welch.

There were others, but lahoward101 had the most online information. I sent a message via Ancestry to read this thread and help if possible.

Some obits:

Ruth L. Altmiller, 91, Plains, Mont.
Lewiston Morning Tribune (ID) - Tuesday, October 5, 2004
Ruth Louise Liedkie Altmiller, 91, passed away Saturday, Oct. 2, 2004, in Plains, Mont.
Ruth was born Aug. 11, 1913, to Ernest and Phoebe Liedkie in Caribel, Idaho. She lived most of her life in the Kamiah-Orofino area with the exception of the last 1 1/2 years while she was cared for by her oldest daughter, Darla Alteneder, in Paradise, Mont.
Ruth was preceded in death by her husband, Albert Altmiller.
She is survived by her four children, Leroy Altmiller of Lewiston, Darla Alteneder and Robert Altmiller, both of Paradise, and Sharon Walk of Elk River; many grandchildren and great-grandchildren; one sister, Marjorie Altmiller of Orofino; and two brothers, Carl Liedkie of Lewiston and Lavern Liedkie of Elk River.
Viewing is from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday at Pine Hills Funeral Chapel in Orofino. The funeral is at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home followed by burial at Riverside Cemetery. A covered-dish dinner is planned after the services.
--------
Lewiston Morning Tribune (ID) - Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Wilma Elizabeth Liedkie passed away with her family by her side to be joined with her Lord and Savior Friday, June 1, 2007, at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Lewiston.
Wilma was born March 10, 1915, at Craigmont, to William and Minnie Dammrose Randall. She grew up on the family farm west of Craigmont. She attended and graduated from Craigmont High School in 1935.
Wilma married Harold G. Liedkie May 26, 1946, and they farmed and ranched east of Craigmont for 50 years. She was a wonderful loving wife of 52 years, Mother, Grandmother and Great-Grandmother.
She enjoyed being with family and friends as well as camping, boating, fishing, quilting, sewing, cooking, gardening, TV, bingo, farming and ranching.
She was a member of the Rebekah Lodge No. 90 and served as Noble Grand. She was a member of the United Church of Craigmont and served as secretary-treasurer for many years.
Wilma and Harold served as grand marshals for the Craigmont June Picnic in 1986.
Wilma is survived by her two daughters, Wanda Brackett and her fiancé Dale Yochum of Lewiston, and Cynthia Hutchinson and husband Tom of Craigmont six grandchildren: Kathy Paul, Karla Dimmett and husband Keith, Ken Brackett and wife Dayna, Kory Brackett, Angela Hutchinson Gordon and husband John, Jessica Hutchinson and fiancé Jason Schlee and eight great-grandchildren.
Wilma was preceded in death by husband Harold, her parents and three brothers, Clifford, Robert and Howard Randall.
A memorial service will be conducted at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 9, at Vassar-Rawls Funeral Home, 920 21st Ave. in Lewiston. A graveside service will follow at 3 p.m. at the Craigmont Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to the Craigmont June Picnic Committee, P.O. Box 172, Craigmont, ID 83523.
-------------
Harold G. Liedkie , 88, retired Craigmont farmer
Lewiston Morning Tribune (ID) - Tuesday, March 10, 1998
CRAIGMONT -- A service will be held Thursday at 11 a.m. at the United Church in Craigmont for Harold G. Liedkie .
The Revs. Bill Eaton of the United Church and Buzz Wahlen of the Cottonwood Community Church will officiate. Burial will follow at the IOOF Cemetery near Craigmont.
Liedkie , 88, a retired Craigmont farmer who had lived in Clarkston for the past year and a half, died of congestive heart failure Saturday at Tri-State Health and Rehabilitation in Clarkston.
He was born Dec. 9, 1909, to Ernest and Phoebe Liedkie in Caribel, Idaho, near Kamiah. He attended school in Kamiah and graduated from Kamiah High School.
He married Wilma Randall May 26, 1946. They farmed and operated a cattle ranch until his retirement.
He was an active member of the IOOF Lodge at Craigmont and spent many years supervising the upkeep of the IOOF Cemetery. He served 24 years on the Lewis County Soil Conservation District board, on the Lewis County Extension Advisory Committee, 14 years as a 4-H livestock leader, 10 years as chairman of the Craigmont Chamber of Commerce youth activities committee, and 24 years as treasurer of the United Church of Craigmont, of which he was a lifelong member.
He was Lewis County Cattlemen's president and was named Cattleman of the Year in 1975. He also served on the school board for many years in Craigmont. He was also president of the Idaho Wheat Growers Association, which he helped charter.
He enjoyed fishing, camping, gardening, woodworking, raising roses and spending time with his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He is survived by his wife at the family home; two daughters, Wanda Uptmor of Cottonwood and Cynthia Hutchinson of Craigmont; two brothers, Carl Liedkie of Lewiston and Vern Liedkie of Elk River; two sisters, Ruth Altmiller and Marge Altmiller, both of Orofino; six grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three sisters, Rachel, Edith and Frances; and one brother, Fredrick.
Memorials may be made to the United Church or the Craigmont Quick Response Unit. Uhlorn Funeral Home of Cottonwood is in charge of the arrangements.

For the survivors, look up their names on www.zabasearch.com

Ron Bestrom

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 3:17PM GMT
Thank You very much for the assistance !!

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 3:24PM GMT
Ron,
Even though mine was a older posting I had
not received any responses untill June 24 and
I got two.. I feel very fortunate..
I appreciate the information and suggestions.
I would still like to make contact with someone
related to this family.

Thank You
Rhonda

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: liedkie
Hi franke1,
My grandmother is Rachel, Phoebe's daughter. She was already born by the time Phoebe and Earnest Liedkie were married so my interest in the Liedkie name ends as Earnest. I do have a copy of his Petition of Naturalization and signed Oath of Alegiance. Processed in June 1910 and October 1910 respectively. I'd be happy to share with you since I had to pay for the info myself.
I have to admit, I can't remember where I got his death info from but I'll keep searching my records.
Laurel Howard

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 6:05PM GMT
Laurel,
Thank you responding here to my message!

Ron Bestrom

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 6:43PM GMT
Ron, Thank you! This may be a good breakthrough for me. Thank you for the connection. Laurel

Posted: 7 Jul 2013 11:06PM GMT
William Frederick Liedkie was my grandfather. He lived much of his life in Malden Washington. As I recall he died in a Spokane Washington Hospital around 1981.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic