Search for content in message boards

Ertzgaards

Ertzgaards

John Ertzgaard (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ertzgaard
Are there any Ertzgaards in Stjordalen or Laanke Norway areas? My grandfather Kristian Sivertsen Ertzgaard was from there in 1866. He moved to Minneapolis,MN USa in '88.
John Ertzgaard Rockledge, Florida USA

Ertsgaard

PR (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
There is a farm in Stordalen (Stjørdal) in Nord-Trøndelag named Ertzgaard. By the time of the 'Matrikkelutkastet av 1950' the farm is spelled as Ersgård - but several people having some connection with the farm have taken the farm name as their surname also - they seem to spell it as Ertsgård.

Re: Ertzgaards

Øyvind Bjørkhaug (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2004 1:13PM GMT
Did you know that Petter Johnsen Ertzgaard (1784-1848) from Stjørdal was one of the founders of the Norwegian Constitution (1814)?

I'm been told that he is my great-great-grandfather.

Source (Norwegian website ) :
http://eidsvoll1814.museum.no/fakta/person/person.html?id=Pe...
Posted: 20 Dec 2009 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: Ertsgård
John Ertzgaard did you ever get a reply on your query about your grtandfather Kristian Sivertsen Ertzgaard? Was he married to Marianne Nikolaisdatter Værnesplass born 24 Jan 1861?

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 4:40AM GMT
Surnames: Ertzgaard
Hello There,

I am not related to any Ertzgaards, but I do have a very beautiful charcoal drawing of a portrait of Christian Ertzgaard. The back of the portrait says he came to the US in 1888 from Trondhiem, Norway. I believe he settled in Minneapolis and married named Mary, also from Norway, according to the 1920 US Census.

My wife bought the portrait at an antique store in Duluth, GA. We still have it today. We have no idea how it got to GA. We often wondered why a family would part with such a family heirloom.
Posted: 8 Feb 2011 5:15AM GMT
It is a shame to lose such a family heirloom. Sometimes these things are sold when one falls into hard times or are just lost, or even stolen.
This Christian would be Johan Kristian Johnsen Ertzgaard (Ertsgård) born 11 Feb 1888 on Nestrøen, Ertsgård farm, Stjørdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway which is near Trondheim. They emigrated in 1888 so 'Christian' would only have been a baby when he arrived in the USA.

Even though you are not related to the Ertzgaards, I am sure you will treasure this portrait as if it was one of your own family and therefore it will live throughout eternity.
Odd-Steinar

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Ertsgaard, Huseby, Haave, Bjorgen
Petter Johnsen Ertzgaard (1784-1848) from Stjørdal is also an ancestor of mine. I am aware that he was a signer of the Norwegian Constitution in 1814. I believe he is my great grandmother's grandfather, thus my great-great-great-grandfather.

My great-grandmother was Beret Ertzgaard (Ertsgaard) (b. 1848) whe married my great-grandfather, Ole Arntsen Husby (Huseby), on April 16, 1868 in Stjordal. They emigrated from Trondheim in 1869 to Minnesota, eventually settling in Fergus Falls, MN in 1871. There were other Ertsgaard family members traveling together and who also settled in Fergus Falls at the same time. These included Beret's brother, Bjorn Ertsgaard (b. 1844) and sister, Martha Ertsgaard (b. 1840), who was newly married to John Peter Haave (b. 1839), also from Stjordal. Also making the journey were sister Anna (b. 1857) as well as John Haave's sister, Mali with her husband Torsten Bjorgen, all from Stjordal. I have more details and family descendants on most of these people.
Most of these people established businesses,farms and churches, and became important contributors to the Fergus Falls, MN community of that time. I have extensive listings and history of many of the descendants.

I am eager to discuss this further and would appreciate any further information you may have on Ertsgaard, Husby, Bjorgen and Haave families in Stjordal and Hegra.

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 3:51PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2013 6:33PM GMT
My earlier posts this same date omitted my contact information. You may contact me by email thuseby@verizon.net

Thomas Huseby
Sarasota, FL. USA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions