Search for content in message boards

McAllister in San Francisco

McAllister in San Francisco

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 12:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I have a lovely picture of Delia McAllister circa late 1800's, early 1900's. I think her sister was Kate McAllister. My mother called them Aunt Deal and Aunt Kate. Also have some photos with them in Ventura. Trying to find connection.
Janice

Re: McAllister in San Francisco

Posted: 8 Jul 2011 4:45PM GMT
I have a Delia McAllister (Sullivan) who married into family. I know nothing about her but she married my great-uncle Oct 22, 1904 in San Francisco. Most of my McAllister's ended up in San Francisco and Sonoma. They came from Ontario Canadfa to Trinity County to Bay area. They came to Canada from Ireland. If this fits, I'd love to share information.

Barbara Long

Posted: 8 Jul 2011 11:26PM GMT
I don't know much about Delia McAllister except that she and her sister Kate visited my mother's family in Ventura. Do you have a picture of Delia? It would be great to compare them.

Janice

Posted: 9 Jul 2011 1:20AM GMT
Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures. All the information seems to fit. She had a daughter, deceased and a grandson. I have information on both the McAllisters and Coumbs. I believe Delia's daughter gave the information on death certificate.

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 9:13PM GMT
I would love to have copy of picture or any picture of Delia McAllister and /or Aunt Kate. I have no pictures. My Delia was married to John Coumbs McAllister in San Francisco. Their daughter Margaret Ida Bagett (McAllister) was informant on his death certificate. His wife had already died. Iwas puzzled by your Aunt Kate McAllister but it might have been John C McAllister's Aunt Catherine Vaughn (McAllister) who was widowed and might have used maiden name. If this seems to be your family, I would appreciate any help you could give me about Delia McAllister. blong547@yahoo.com Thank you. Barbara McAllister Long

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 9:33PM GMT
I have found John C and Delia B McAllister in 1910, 1920 and 1930 US census. I have not found death records. My mother had their marriage as Oct 22, 1904 in San Francisco but I haven't found record. I 1910, my great-grandfather John Coumbs lived with them. In 1920 & 1930, Katie A Sarralia b. abt 1870 in Rhode Island lived with them. She was described as John C McAllister's sister-in-law in the census.

Posted: 12 Aug 2011 12:12AM GMT
Hi, I have eight snapshots and one nice picture of Delia and I will get them to you, but I have a new system and will have to get some help from my friend. I will write up what little I know also.

Janice

Posted: 12 Aug 2011 1:01AM GMT
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help. Let me know if I can help with info. I have pictures of my Grandfather Hall McAllister and Ida Florence McAllister (siblings of John Coumbs McAllister. I'd be happy to send them to your e-mail if you like. Barbara Long blong547@yahoo. I can attach them to my e-mail but do not know how to send them to a message board. Thank you.

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 5:18AM GMT
I'm sorry to bother you but I have more questions about Delia Bridgett McAllister and would appreciate any help you could provide. I can easily find census for John and Delia but little about her. My mother said John and Delia married Oct 22, 1904 in San Francisco; her maiden name was Bennett. Ihave been unable to find her source. A great-grandaughter contacted from message board. She believes maiden name was Sullivan. Do you have any info about her maiden name? Date and place of birth, death, siblings or parents. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried for birth records, death records and census record for Sullivan (lots of records-none that had Delia. Thank you. Barbara

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 10:00PM GMT
Surnames: I also have some photos with argaret Ida
Hi,
I am delighted to find some one who would appreciate the pictures. I will get them sent to you. I found a family tree on ancestry.com for Kate McAllister and Lillian Dealey Delee which could match a photo I have.I also have some photos with Margaret Ida and her husband. Daniel and Delia Sullvan are in the 1910 census.

Janice
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions