Search for content in message boards

MARIA SCHLUMBERGER / ANNA M SCHLUMBERGER (OLEXIO)

MARIA SCHLUMBERGER / ANNA M SCHLUMBERGER (OLEXIO)

Posted: 20 Apr 2012 8:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCHLUMBERGER OLEXIO POOCK FRANTZ FRANZ
I am at a complete stand still and could use some help! I've recently run into a stopping point researching my mother's side of the family. My Grandmother born 1907 Kaiserslautern / Susannah Olexio (married Paul Gilbert Keefer) her mother Anna M Schlumberger(Olexio/Poock) and my G.Grandmother Maria (Frantz???) Schlumberger. The only information I am certain is that My Grandmother Susannah Olexio came to the United States as a little girl in 1910 with her brother Hugo, sister Phylis (Philipina) & thier mother Anna M Schlumberger. The childrens father Ludwig Olexio came over in 1912 / and then in 1924, Anna's mother
Maria Schlumberger (b.abt 1855) came over from Kaiserslautern in 1924 / I have found her immigration papers that show her destination to Dayton,Oh. please help me further my family tree / I would appreciate any info on these families

Re: MARIA SCHLUMBERGER / ANNA M SCHLUMBERGER (OLEXIO)

Posted: 20 Apr 2012 10:43PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2012 10:45PM GMT
Hope this helps!

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&db=ny...

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Susanna Olescia
Name: Susanna Olescia
Arrival Date: 12 Jun 1911
Birth Year: abt 1907
Birth Location: Germany
Birth Location Other: kaiserslanken
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: German
Port of Departure: Bremen
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Prinz Friedrich Wilhelm

------------

Can be found on the Ellis Island site as well...

Indexed as....

First Name: Susanna
Last Name: Olescio
Ethnicity: Germany, German
Last Place of Residence: Kaiserslautern, Germany
Date of Arrival: Jun 12, 1911
Age at Arrival: 4y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Prinz Friedrich Wilhelm
Manifest Line Number: 0027

LostQuays

Posted: 20 Apr 2012 10:55PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2012 11:00PM GMT
It appears that the passenger lists show a different time-line than what you have posted...

Ludwig arrived just a few weeks before Susanna...

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&db=ny...

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Ludwig Olesko
Name: Ludwig Olesko
Arrival Date: 30 Mar 1911
Birth Year: abt 1883
Birth Location: Venezuela
Birth Location Other: keaserslentern
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: German
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Roon

Venezuela ???

Maybe a "ditto" error on the record keepers' part.... :l

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 3:10PM GMT
Thank you so much. this certainly helps! Again I have no other info on this side of the family & unfortunately they are all deceased including my mother & father. I found a memorial funeral book that my grandmother Susannah had kept, listing her mother Anna M Poock (formerly Olexio / formerly Schlumberger). It also lists Maria (Anna's biological mother) Schlumberger as Susannah's grandmother / the pictures I have of her simply say "Grossmutter Maria" ~ in the memorial book, behind the name Schlumberger (for Maria), in parentheses, it says (Frantz), So I am assuming that was Maria's maiden name? In the area which you would fill in the "father's name" (Anna Maria's father) it only says "Franz" ???? / I have no other clues on the Schlumberger/Frantz genealogy from Kaiserslautern Germany ~ only a handful of pictures from them with no other identification. Again, your help is & has been tremendously appreciated.

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 9:36AM GMT
Hi,

my name is Stefan Mueller and i read your post.
So, there is another Olexio from Kaiserslautern. Carl Olexio. He was a Carpenter.

I got this information from the Book Kaiserslautern in IInd World war. Publisher is the City Kaiserslautern. (Year of Pub. 2004). There a obviously no more Olexios living in Kaiserslautern Area, today.

Many Greetings

Stefan Mueller

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 3:49PM GMT
Hello, I realize this message is two years old but I was researching my Grandmother Anna M Poock and came across your message. My Grandfather married Anna and they are all buried at Dayton Memorial Park on North Dixie Dr. north of Dayton. Maria Schlumberger is also buried at this plot. Growing up Aunt Sue and Uncle Paul Keefer were a big part of our lives especially at Christmas. I also vaguely remember Uncle Hugo Alexio. Anna was my Grnadfathers second wife and she is actually a step Mother to my Father Richard whom is also buried at this plot. Feel free to contact me for anything I can help you with.

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 8:57PM GMT
Hello cousin! Your aunt Sue and Uncle Paul are my mom's.., Mother & Father : ) Anna is my Great Grandma & Maria S. is my GG Grandma

Posted: 6 Mar 2014 2:57AM GMT
Well hello cousin back at ya. Is this Tommy? This is Rick Poock. I live in Florida. Pauline was my cousin.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic