Search for content in message boards

Where to look??

Where to look??

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 6:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to research my mothers family, however, the names on my mothers birth certificate are not the same names as the parents that raised her. My grandfather used to tell my mother she would be surprised to find out who her mother really was. Anyone have any tips about searching?? All I have on the original birth certificate is my mothers information and the names of her mother and father.

Re: Where to look??

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 12:02AM GMT
I'm not sure what information you're seeing? It sounds like you have both sets of names, the ones on the birth certificate and the ones who raised her.

can you clarify what you're looking for?

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 12:47AM GMT
Sorry for not being more clear:) I have been unable to find any information about the birth parents on my mothers birth certificate. My grandmother and the birth mother have the same first name and birth year. And her fathers name on the birth certificate is my grandfathers name only the first and middle names are switched. I haven't been able to find any info on her birth parents(birth record, marriage record, census records, military records). My grandmothers name is Harriett AnneBelle but she went by Anne. The Name on the birth certificate is Ann( maybe a shortened version of her name). Is there a way to search for people using their middle and last name? Or any other search suggestions that might help me find some type of information? Incidentally, my grandparents weren't married when my mother was born in 1944, my grandfather was married to another woman.

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 2:17PM GMT
I belong to a volunteer search angel group that works on adoption questions like yours . Email me off-forum at

cole-nutmeg@shaw.ca

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions