Search for content in message boards

Cutchall-Brookens Murder in Franklin County

Cutchall-Brookens Murder in Franklin County

Barb (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2003 10:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rock, Cutchall, Brookens, West, Reeder, Sipes
Does anyone recall the murder case of the 1970's (Fayetteville area, I believe) involving Gary Rock who set his cabin on fire and then murdered the fire chief, James Cutchall and a neighbor ? Brookens? I'm looking for the date or any articles concerning the incident. I can't recall Brookens first name. I believe Rock filed an appeal within the past 10 years.

Re: Cutchall-Brookens Murder in Franklin County

Barb (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2003 2:36PM GMT
Surnames: West Rock Reeder Sipes
Please note the correction of my e-mail address. Original post was incorrect. (excite.com not excite.net)

Re: Cutchall-Brookens Murder in Franklin County

Posted: 3 Oct 2009 8:07AM GMT
The people you are looking for are;
Gary Lee Rock, he graduated in 1972 from Chambersburg Area Senior High School, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.

James William Cutchall, born April 13, 1944 in Chambersburg, Franklin Co., Pennsylvania. His parents are Chalmer H. and Frances K. Hendershot Cutchall. He graduated in 1962 from Chambersburg Area Senior High School. He has two brothers and one sister, Jeff, Carolyn and Thomas. James Cutchall died July 2, 1977 and is buried in Lincoln Cemetery, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. He was the chief of Fayetteville Volunteer fire company.

Wilbur Brookens, was born in Fayetteville, Franklin Co., Pennsylvania on July 18, 1922 and died July 2, 1977. He is buried in Mount Pleasant Cemetery. His parents were James M. and Lulu Sheppard Brookens. He was a veteran of WWII, he served in the U. S. Army Air Corps. He was married to Catherine LaVelle Argenbright Brookens. His children are Wilma (Mrs. Samuel Hepfer) and Wilbur Jr.

I have some articles on the shooting, the articles are from the Public Opinion Newspaper, Chambersburg, Pa., dated Tuesday, July 5, 1977.

I hope this will help you out, if you would like a copy of the articles let me know and send me your address and I will send what I have.

Vickie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions