Search for content in message boards

Demetris, Perrigan, Stanley,Long,Rose

Demetris, Perrigan, Stanley,Long,Rose

Posted: 20 Feb 2003 1:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for family. Would like any Info. on Greeks in Dickenson Co.In the early 19hundreads when my Grandfather settled there. He was killed in a car accident in 1944 and the family seemed to have scattered after that.

Re: Demetris, Perrigan, Stanley,Long

Posted: 21 Apr 2003 6:42PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2008 11:36AM GMT
John Demetris b. Greece, married Pearl Stanley, daughter of George W. Stanley and Mary Elizabeth Perrigan. (Clinchco History, pg 188-submitted by Bascom Deel and Mt. People and Places, pg 589 submitted by Thelma Jackson)

John and Pearl had the following children:
Tommy, Bea, Helen, Gus, Irene, Angeline, Kathleen

I don't have any further info on this family, but do on the ancestors of Pearl Stanley.

Re: Demetris, Stanley

Posted: 29 Sep 2008 1:49PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2008 11:37AM GMT
Surnames: demetris, stanley
I am Angelina's grand daughter and am looking for more informantion about bill, john, pearl, and greta. If anyone has any informantion, let me know.

Posted: 3 Nov 2009 2:58PM GMT
hi...i remember from childhood the demetris family....i know your request was from quite a while back but i'll tell you what i remember....tommy married my mother's first cousin, goldie green and they had two children,,johnny and nancy...johnny died within the past ten yrs and i'm not sure about nancy now...goldie and tommy divorced and he moved to michigan with his new wife...gus married wilma perrigan daughter of thurman perrigan and i believe they may have moved into the kingsport tn area....hope this helps some but it may be info you already had....sheila turner

Posted: 3 Nov 2009 3:47PM GMT
Thanks, Sheila

I remember Johnny's death. If I'm not mistaken he was buried on Nealy Ridge. That was one of the few times that I was able to go to Clincho. My grandmother in Ann, Tommy's younger sister. Gus and Wilma lived in Bristol, Virginia and are both buried in Mountain View Cemetary. Bea, Tommy's other sister, now lives in Flordia

Re: Demetris, Perrigan, Stanley,Long,Rose

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 11:19PM GMT
Surnames: Perrigan, Stanley, Demetris
Hello,

I am the granddaughter of Irene Demetris, daughter of John Demetris and Pearl Stanley. Irene married Harold (Bud) Theodore Leygraff and resided in Michigan (Bay City and Prescott). Her youngest sister Catherine married Earl Brandow and resides in Bay City, Michigan. I am also very interested in learning more about my ancestors. Particularly the Perrigans and Stanleys. Any info and/or pictures would be great.

Thanks

Re: Demetris, Perrigan, Stanley,Long,Rose

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 1:59AM GMT
Jenny, did you get any info?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions