Search for content in message boards

SLOANS FROM IL

Posted: 9 Jul 2003 10:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON THE SLOANS FROM ILLINOIS? THANK YOU!

Re: SLOANS FROM IL

Posted: 12 Jul 2003 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: sloan
I have info on the sloans from IL/Samuel sloan had 11 children. Samuel w. Sloan one of his children, is the one I am searching for info, as he moved to KS

Shelly (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2003 6:25PM GMT
Sallie--
Thanks so much!
I have ancestors from Adam and Jane Sloan. Would Samuel be Adam's brother by any chance?
Adam came from Ireland...thank you so much for your reply!
I'd love it if we could help one another!

L. Geesey (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2003 2:59AM GMT
Surnames: Sloan
Are you looking for Samuel(1783-1859) and Elizabeth(1786-between 1850-1860) Sloan from Illinois? I'm looking for information about either of their parents-birthdates-state of origin-anything. I know they had eleven children-I'm from Uriah's line.

Dennis Sloan (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2003 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Sloan, Galbraith, Briggs
Was your Uriah b. 9-27-1840, d. 12-16-1921, married Sara Perry, b. 3-4-1850, d. 1 25-1926? Both died in Pa.. This Uriah had 7 brothers and two sisters known.
The reason I ask is that I am from this Uriah's line and I do not know of any other Uriah Sloans.
Thanks

L. Geesey (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2003 3:39PM GMT
My Samuel & elizabeth had 11 children. My branch of their tree is from Uriah, their 6th child. His dates are 7-25-1819 (Ohio) to 11-11-1899 (Fulton Cty, Ill). He married Mary A Asheopeller in 1845 in Lewistown, Illinois- they had 5 children.

Shelly Donovan (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2003 6:03AM GMT
Thank you so much for this info, however, not a match for us!
I sure appreciate your reply!

Posted: 23 Oct 2003 5:33PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 1:39PM GMT
Surnames: Sloan/Antis
Hello.

Are you still searching for Sloan family members from Illinois? My Sloans originated in Belfast, Ireland and then moved, for a short time to Pennsyvannia and then Ohio, Muskingtom Co., Zainsville, Ohio to be precise. Then, some moved to New Boston, Illinois and some further to Iowa.

If you are still interested and need assistance I would like to speak with you.

My Sloan that I'm stumped with is:

Robert Sloan b. March 12, 1781 in Belfast, Ireland
married (sometime I think after coming to the US) to
Martha Antis (her father spells his name Anthis). They had numerous children but one in particular was Rinehart Sloan.

Rinehart Sloan married a woman by the name of Lois ?. Amoung thier children they had a son, William M. Sloan.

William M. Sloan was a solider in the Union Army during the Civil War and was stationed in the Knox County, Tennessee area known as Ball Camp. When the war was over William stayed in Knoxville and married a woman by the name of Mary Margaret Hodges (who had previously moved to Knox County as a young girl with her mother and siblings after her father died in their home in Wautauga County, North Carolina).

William and Mary married and built a home in the Knox County area now known as Powell, Tennessee. They had three children:

Florence
James William
Ella Margaret

Florence Sloan married a local boy by the name of Stephen Paton Smith, Jr. and together they had eleven children. All but six of the children made it to adulthood and had children of their own. Their names are:

Ella, Mary, Lizzie, Elmer, Nellie Cordella, Jessie Rae, (twins) Pearl & Rhueba, William, Stephen, III and Hattie Mae.

The ones that died during, after or shortley after birth were:

Ella, Mary, Lizzie and the twins, Pearl & Rhueba

My connection is the baby, Hattie Mae Smith.

Hattie Mae Smith married her first husband, Marshall Jack Schaefer and had a son, Marshall Clarence. Jack died by his own hand when Clarence was six years old.

Hattie later married my grandfather, Floyd Arthur Hunter. They had three children together:

Alvin Ray
James Arthur
and Fannanell (my mom)

Fannanell Hunter married Robert Lee Hatfield, Jr (dad) on July 24, 1964 and together they had:

Janna Lynn
Robert Lee, III
and myself, Jennifer Ann

I am now, Jennifer Hatfield Knowles, having married Bradley Alan Knowles, October 9, 1999 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas. We have a son, Andrew Robert, who will be two in January.

I would appreciate you responding even if you don't have a connection to my family (as of yet).

I'll be looking for your email.

Thanks

Jennifer Hatfield Knowles

Posted: 23 Oct 2003 5:47PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 1:39PM GMT
Surnames: Sloan/Antis families
Hello.

Saw your reply to another Sloan request and thought I would take a chance.

Do you know if your Samuel had a brother by the name of Robert? My Robert Sloan was born March 12, 1781 in Belfast, Ireland. His parents could have then moved to the US and had more children, I just don't know.

My Robert Sloan married a woman by the name of Martha Antis and amoung other children they had a son by the name of Rinehart.

Rinehart married a woman by the name of Lois? and amoung thier children they had a son by the name of William M. Sloan.

William M. Sloan fought in the Union Army during the Civil War and was stationed in Knox County, Tennessee specifically in the Ball Camp area. After the war he married a woman by the name of Mary Margaret Hodges and built a home int he Knox County area known as Powell, Tennessee.

William and Mary had three children:

Florence,
James William
Ella Margaret

Florence is my connection. She married Stephen Paton Smith, Jr. and they had eleven children together before her death in 1902. Those children were:

Ella, Mary, Lizzie, Elmer, Nellie Cordella, Jessie Rae, (twins) Pearl & Rhueba, William, Stephen Paton,III and Hattie Mae.

Hattie Mae Smith is my grandmother. Her first husband, Marshall Jack Schaefer died by his own hand when their son, Marshall Clarence Schaefer was only six years old.

Hattie then married my grandfather, Floyd Arthur Hunter. They had three children:

Alvin Ray
James Arthur and my mom,
Fannanell

Fannanell married Robert Lee Hatfield, Jr. on July 24, 1964 and had the three of us:

Janna Lynn
Robert Lee, III and me,
Jennifer Ann

I am now Jennifer Hatfield Knowles after having married a Texan by the name of Bradley Alan Knowles on October 9, 1999 in McLennan County, Waco, Texas. We have a son, Andrew Robert about to turn two in January.

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Oh, let me mention that William M. Sloan was born in Zanesville, Ohio. It is said that his parents or grandparents moved to the region after living in Pennsylvannia. Some of his sibilings and uncles and aunts moved to New Boston, IL and on into Iowa.

Thank you for your time,

Jennifer Hatfield Knowles

laurie geesey (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2003 6:00PM GMT
Jennifer-
Thanks for your message. This is pretty exciting! My samuel and your Robert COULD be brothers. My samuel was born in 1783 and he WAS irish. Do you know where your family settled when they came to the united states? Do you know anything about the rest of the family? Samuel was born in the US but I can't find out where. Rumor has the family living in Maryland but that's not for sure. Thank you again. Anything else you can pass on would be greatly appreciated! -laurie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions