Search for content in message boards

Ann Marshall Waddill (1775-1821) Pittsylvania VA

Ann Marshall Waddill (1775-1821) Pittsylvania VA

Posted: 6 Jun 2010 12:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Waddell, Waddill, Marshall
Seeking information about Ann Marshall Waddill (1775-1821) of Pittsylvania VA.

She was married to Charles Waddill (1759-1834), son of Noel Waddill, in early 1790s.

Her living children were Marshall, Noel, Obedience, Jane, Pleasant, and Branch.

Her parents are sometimes listed as Alexander Marshall and Mary Branch, but this is unclear.

Would appreciate any information about this woman and her parents.

Thank you.
sks10001

Re: Ann Marshall Waddill (1775-1821) Pittsylvania VA

Posted: 14 Jun 2010 7:37PM GMT
Surnames: Waddell, Waddill
I have a Levi Waddell (Waddill) in my line. The best I can figure is his dad was Noel Waddell(Waddill). I do know that much. Was wandering if you had any information about Noel.

Posted: 14 Jun 2010 11:09PM GMT
I think your Levi may have been the grandson of my Charles. What are his dates? I branch off through Jane.

Re Ann Marshall, I do not believe her father cd have been Alexander, as he is well attested and was evidently not married to Mary Branch. There seem to be other Marshalls in the area, but my knowledge of Pittsylvania/Halifax is pretty much restricted to what I have been able to gather on-line.

Do you know anyone actively researching this line? Wish I cd help you more, but I think we're in the same boat.

Posted: 7 Jan 2011 1:58AM GMT
Delighted to see your post. I'm studying lots of VA Waddill/Waddell/Waddle families, and have found that Noel Waddill (b. 1730) was living in Prince Edward County before moving to Pittsylvania County. The marriage bonds of Pr Edw Co show "Charles Waddle & Nancy Marshall" with a bond on 15 Nov 1790, with surety by Alexander Marshall. They married on Dec 2nd 1790. Can send more details if you wish.

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 4:40AM GMT
Thank you for the information.

Was she the daughter of Francis Marshall and therefore niece of Alexander? I didn't think a father usually stood surety.
Any additional information would be a help.

Posted: 12 Jan 2011 11:44PM GMT
Surnames: Waddill
Sorry, but I do not have proof of her parentage. However I have photocopies of many (transcribed & typed) marriage bonds from Prince Edward Co VA, and there are several instances where a father was named, and was also the surety.

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 6:15AM GMT
i think your looking for nancy ann marshall.

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 4:09AM GMT
Surnames: Waddill/Waddell/Carter
Dear Virgie:
You stated last year, on this board, that you had been searching the Waddill/Waddell family of Pr. Edward Co., VA., and seemed willing to share your work.

I am researching the family of Anne Waddill who married Theodorick Carter about 1736 in Prince Edward Co., VA.
The material I find on the net and in libraries near me seem to have wildly varying sources, IF they give any.

Can you help me?

Kate

Waddill's of Pittsylvania County, Virginia‏

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 1:39PM GMT

I am also researching the line of Theodorick Carter & Anne Waddill. I would like to hear from you.

Theodorick & Anne Carter had a son John and John had a daughter Anne who married William Waddill. I think William Waddill was a nephew of Anne Waddill-Carter. I would like to find out what happened to William & Anne Waddill.

Anne Waddill who married Theodrick Carter (Second)

Posted: 28 May 2014 4:09AM GMT
Surnames: Waddill, Carter
Kate, Have you had any luck with identifying documentation of Anne Waddill Carter's family? There seems to be some circumstantial evidence that Anne was possibly a Waddill, but none to identify which Waddill couple were her parents. Dan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions