Search for content in message boards

Roxy McConnell

Roxy McConnell

Paula (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2005 4:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McConnell, Ballard, Thompson
I could use some help with my McConnell research in Prince Edward County.

My gggrandmother, Lydia McConnell married James Thompson sometime after 1826. Lydia has a close connection with Roxalane McConnell Ballard (married in 1818), and I believe they may have been sisters. I have some evidence that points to their parents being Eli and Roxy McConnell. I found a Roxy McConnell in the Quaker records for the County in 1819 and again in 1826, but I don't know if she connects to this family.

If anyone has any information on this family, or ideas where I might look for clues, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.

Paula

Re: Roxy McConnell

Posted: 16 Dec 2005 1:03AM GMT
Edited: 25 Dec 2005 4:45PM GMT
Hi, Paula...Al here...I thought that I sent you along a reference to the early land record maps I got from the Toronto Archives. Did you receive them? Did you reply to me that you had received them? My files are in a tizzy just now, but I can look for them in due course.

My Solomon and Polly Smith-Thompson were on Lot 6, Con. I, South Shore of East Lake, while your McConnells were next door and to the west...Lot 7 Con I...Hugh McConnell & Sgt. Archibald Chilsholm, then the apparently sold their lot to Frederick Docksteader. You would have to visit the Picton Land Registy office to scan the Land Reg. book page by page, like I did, to pick up on where they went from there...

...give me a dingle...Al

Mary Chung (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2005 9:19PM GMT
Hi,
Have you tried searching the books at www.quinte-kin.com/ This site lets you search for your relative being listed in any of the books and baptism,marriage and death records they have at the Marilyn Adams Research center which is in Ameliasburgh, PE Co.
At the website homepage click "Searchable Databases", then click "Name Database" and enter your relative in the box. Up will come a list of books they have with that name in it. Often you can go through the list and eliminate some by the years listed. I searched for McConnell, Lydia- nothing came up. I tried Roxalane both as McConnell and Ballard still nothing but 120 results came up for Thompson, James. So I thought you might want to have a look and see if any might be yours. Good Luck- Mary

Paula (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2005 12:34AM GMT
Thanks, Mary!

Posted: 5 May 2006 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Way, McConnell, Smith, Bates, Middleton, Harrison, Ward,Sharrard
Could Lydia's parents be Peter McConnell and Phoebe Ann Way? It does fit with the Quaker connection and the names of the neighbors. Phoebe's parents were Amos Way and Mary Smith. Her father was Asa Smith. Amos' parents were Samuel Way and Catherine Pine who were very serious Quakers. If Phoebe was Lydia's mother, some of the aunts and uncles connected to Phoebe would have been Martha Patty Way Bates,
James Way(Hester Martindale), Ellen Way Sharrard, Margaret Way Middleton, Rachel Way Harrison,Catherine Way Harrison, Elizabeth Way Ward,Samuel Way. and Daniel B. Way (Sarah Pierce). The Chisholms were relatives of the Ways.

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 7:15AM GMT
I have several Lydia McConnells in my line, a Roxy Morse McConnell and a Roxania McConnell, an Eli McConnell or two, a Marinus McConnell, some Quakers, and threads on another website that will tie all of your questions here into a totally different line. My McConnell line jumped in and out of New York State for unknown reasons.

See thread at: http://genforum.genealogy.com/mcconnell/messages/2774.html

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions