Search for content in message boards

Cornville

Cornville

Posted: 21 Feb 2009 6:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parsons, French, Pollard, Ames
I am planning a trip to Cornville in September. Is it hard to find the cemetery? Is there a caretaker or someone I can ask for help in finding my Parsons' (including French, Pollard, Ames) family?

Where is the closest place to stay? Motel recommendations?

Re: Cornville

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 5:40AM GMT
Surnames: KINCAID
I was at Cornville a few years ago and found the cemetery I was looking for rather easily. I do not recall, but it may have been the Kinsman or Collins or Jewett Cemetary

Try this link:
http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/localProx.php?local=267302&am...

Call ahead to the Town Clerk as I do not believe she is open every day.
252 W Ridge Road, Skowhegan, ME 04976 (207) 474-3275 .
She was very helpful and has a register of most B_D_M.

You may want to check Madison,Skowhegan and Canaan as these towns and many others in the area were divided out of the original Canaan.

There are several hotels in Skowhegan but Waterville has the Holiday, Best Western and Comfort Inn.
However, If you want to do some good genealogy searching, I would stay in Augusta and go to the State Archives.

Richard A Kincaid
kincaidsofmaine

PS. If you see any KINCAID graves in the area, I would appreciate photos.

Posted: 23 Feb 2009 5:02PM GMT
This is the first time I have spotted your thread. I have been in touch with Evelyn at the town office in my own research. Here is an email address you can use to send her the information about what you are hoping to find.

cornville@midmaine.com

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 3:43AM GMT
Thanks to all who replied!

Posted: 28 Feb 2009 9:33PM GMT
You can stay in the Towne Motel or Belmont in Skowhegan. The cemeteries are mostly along the West Ridge Road that goes between Skowhegan and Athens. I think there are two or three. Cornville is a tiny town and there isn't even a store in the town! Hope that helps
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions