Search for content in message boards

Levi Cummings

Levi Cummings

Richard Cummings Erwin (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2001 6:05PM GMT
He was born in 1776, married Naomy Keas in 2-18-1798 .she died july18 , 1819 . Remarried Ann Linch. 1821. He had 9 children , nancy- mason-jordan-isaac -david-Katharine-Mallikiah-Levi . Levi sr. Died in 1840. Family bible cant make much of it. I had a gg uncle William Cummings that lived in south west ark . Buried in the Ozan Arkansas cemetery. Tryin to put this all together.

Edward Cummings

Richard Cummings (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 4:32PM GMT
Hello,

I am in search of any information regarding a Edward Cummings. He married my Grandmother Lauvenia Seabrooks. I assume they got married in Charleston S.C. Any information you can spare including slaves please email me. My addr is richsc58@hotmail.com

Richard Erwin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 5:24AM GMT
There is no Edward shown in the book , or mention of any Seabrooks. We have a Joesph Y Erwin marrying a Nancy Cummings Aug. 30 1860. A William Cummings was her Father, I think. They were from south west Arkansas, although Levi Died in virgina.

Re: Levi Cummings

Posted: 28 Jul 2001 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jun 2002 12:40AM GMT
Surnames: Cummings, Lynch, Linch, Keas, Keys, Graham
I am looking for information on Levi Cummings, his wives, and children, and parents of Levi and his wives. I have recently found out that I am a descendant of Levi and his second wife, Ann Lynch or Linch. My g-g-g-grandmother, Amanda Cummings (1823-1890), was a child of Levi and Ann. I have some information on M.C. Cummings, son of Levi and Naomy (Naomi). Malachi became a wealthy and prominent figure in Fulton, MS. Amanda lived with his family after the death of her first husband, Malcolm Graham.

Posted: 11 Dec 2001 4:17PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2006 12:42AM GMT
Surnames: Cummings, Ratliff, Mitchell , Roberts
It has been a while since I have been active with my ancestory, however if my memory serves me correctly Levi Cummings was my g-g-g-g-g-grandfather. His son Mason Monroe moved over into Mississippi after his brother M. C. Cummings. Mason's son William Daniel lived at Ecru, Mississippi and is buried at the Old Harmony Church Cemetery(it is between two houses). William's son James Hillary was married to Margaret Josephine Ratliff and lived at Ratliff, Itawamba County, Mississippi and are buried there. James Hillary's son Walter Clayton was married to Tamsie Ophelia Mitchell, was born at Ratliff and lived in Fulton, Mississippi. My father was Walter Clayborne Cummings and was married to my mother Ruby Roberts Cummings. Please contact me and I will get my information for you as I have it all documented. I believe Levi's father was a Mathew Cummings who lived in Kentucky, but I have no proof as yet.

Posted: 19 Dec 2001 1:08AM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2006 12:42AM GMT
Levi Cummings of Limestone County Alabama was the grandfather of William Daniel Cummings. William Daniel's Father was Mason. I have a copy of a deed in which Mason deeded all his son's a slave, William Daniel being one of his sons. However, your William Cummings who is buried in Arkansas, isn't the son of Mason. William Daniel Cummings is buried in Ecru, Pontotoc County, Mississippi. In the Old Harmony Church Cemetery.

Posted: 14 May 2003 6:38PM GMT
re: William Cummings
William H. Cummings was my gggrandfather. He was born in 1856. He was married in 1878 to Sarah Jane Lawlis, who is believed to have been Native American. They were married in Clark Co. Arkansas, which I believe is SW Arkansas. If you have any more info please let me know.
thank you, terri weems

Posted: 24 Dec 2011 10:32AM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2012 1:38AM GMT
Surnames: Cummings
Levi Cummings was my 4th great grandfather and his son Enoch my 3rd great grandfather and his son Zachariah my great, great grandfather, and his son John Polk Cummings my great grandfather and his son Owen Cummings my grandfather
and his daughter, Cora, my mother. I'm trying to find the parents of Levi and trace the Cummings (originally Comyns who went to Scotland with William the Conqueror)back to Scotland.

Posted: 7 Feb 2012 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: Cummings
Do you know the name of Zachariah's wife or wives? I believe one was Mary, and perhaps one was named Louisa. Do you know when Zachariah died? I believe it was in Independence Co., Arkansas but need to confirm if I have the right family.

To respond to your query, it is suspected that Matthew Cummings was Levi Cummings' father. Check early Halifax Dist. Virginia records.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions