Search for content in message boards

Griffiths of Co. kilkenny

Griffiths of Co. kilkenny

Cynthia (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Griffith, Rose
We are looking for information on two Griffith families of Co. Kilkenny. First William Griffith married Catherine Griffith March 31, 1834 at Mothell parish. Children may have included Susan b. 1834, Sarah b. 1836, Elizabeth b. 1839, Maria b. 1841 & Thomas b. 1850. Thomas married Eliza Jane Griffith also of Co. Kilkenny b. April 12, 1847 to parents Francis Griffith b. 1809 & Anne Rose daughter of Joshua Rose & Elizabeth. Children included William b. 1843, Susannah b. 1836, James b. 1850 and Annie b. 1852. Children all seemed to settle in Ontario, Canada. Anne Rose married George Millgate after the death of Francis in 1854 in North Gower township.

Re: Griffiths of Co. kilkenny

Posted: 2 Feb 2002 1:15AM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2002 9:07PM GMT
Wondering if your Griffith family related to mine. Thomas Griffith married Sarah Wilson. Son Thomas born 1831 in Kilkenny believe at ballycallan. Had one brother I know about James. Married maragaret Fielding 1852 then migrated to Australia

Posted: 2 Jun 2005 8:22PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2005 10:39PM GMT
Surnames: GRIFFITH
My own clan comes from Coolcullen and Knockalane but I have records on these folks.

KNOCKALANE c. 1816

Thomas and Susannah Griffith with children Mary, Anne, Rachel, Francis, Sally, Thomas, Susannah and Esther

Parish Register Mothell Union, Kilkenny
Married by Licence, October 14, 1833 Francis Griffith of Knockalane and Ann Rose of Coolcullen.

Francis Griffith abt. 1808 and wife Ann family:

CHILDREN

- Thomas R., married Rebecca Fennell March 13, 1882 daughter of Thomas and Ann Fennell – lived in North Gower
- William Henry
- Eliza Jane
- James
- Anne

On Dece,ber 8, 1875 Eliza (Jane) Griffith, age 24, married Thomas Griffith. age 23, the son of William and Catherine Griffith. Eliza (Jane) parents are listed as Francis Griffith and Ann (nee Fennell)

I think they may have been cousins. I have more data so please e-mail me.

Posted: 10 Aug 2005 5:25PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2005 10:39PM GMT
Surnames: GRIFFITH - ROSE
I have information about the William and Catherine Griffith family as well as the Thomas and Rebecca Griffith who both went to Lanark County (Beckwith - Montague - North Gower). I also have some data on a Rose family from Coolcullen Kilkenny.

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 5:05AM GMT
I am a relative of Joshua and Elizabeth Rose. They are my 3rd great grandparents. Their son Joshua born 1825 married Anne Dooly in County Offaly in June 1850 just before he heading off to NY. Ann Dooly Rose arrived in NY in 1854. They raised their family in Poughkeepsie, New York. One of their grandsons became a US Congressman from Saratoga Springs, NY.

Please forward me any information you have about the Rose family. I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 4:14PM GMT
I do not have much. I do have a Rose family living in Co. Kilkenny in Coolcullen circa 1817-1818. They are:

Mothell Parish Families Desiring to leave to go to Upper Canada 1817 – 1818

ROSE Widow, Joseph, Betty, James, and James servant

Thomas C Fennell married Judith Rose, her sister Anne married Francis Griffith. Both of these couples came to Canada and settled in Carleton County.

I do have this as well:

Griffith, James & Jane Rose
James Griffith
Name sometimes spelled Griffey, Griffeth, Griffits
Born: 1780
Died: 1839: County Court Order Book 4, page 365. 25 November 1839, Samuel Griffeth appointed administrator of estate of James Griffeth, deceased.
Spouse: Jane Rose
Married: about 1811 in Muhlenberg
Father: Lenox Rose
Mother: Sarah?
Children of James Griffith & Jane Rose:

http://muhlenberg.genealogenie.net/fgs/familyG.htm

This is from Pennsylvania. I just collected it as it looked interesting but I have no idea who this James Griffith was.

I am not sure this helps much.

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 7:21PM GMT
Looking at your other posts ...

Only a few hits for the name Joshua -- w/parents Josh & Eliz. The first cert would seem to work if you like KILK.

rootsireland.ie

25 credits Church Baptism Rose Joshua 1825 Co. Kilkenny
25 credits Civil Birth Rose Joshua 1889 Co. Tipperary
25 credits Civil Birth Rose Joshua 1892 Co. Tipperary
25 credits Civil Birth Rose Joshua 1894 Co. Tipperary

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 8:35AM GMT
Rory, I have found another Langrell Griffith connection. In
Canadian census 1881 Mathew Langrell age 70 was living with his son in law Hugh Griffith and family. Mathew Langrell,his son in law Hugh Griffith and his daughter Eliza Langrell were born in Ireland.

Do you have any children for William Langrell and Mary Griffiths? I am looking for the parents of Francis Langrell
born 1800 Carlow died Canada. There was a William born 1774 buried same cemetery (could be his father) but his wife was Ann. I think Francis was the son of William and MARY Griffiths.

I have two marriages for LANGRELL/FENNELLS on this line both in CARLOW.

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 12:00AM GMT
Mary Griffith Deacon came to Canada in 1846/47 with ger 3 children, Elizabeth Deacon Bradket, George and Robert.
They lived in Beckwith township, Ontario, Canada.

peter Deacon mickey.peter@rogers.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions