Search for content in message boards

Ryans in Kingston, Ont Canada

Ryans in Kingston, Ont Canada

Posted: 24 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Nov 2008 1:54PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan, Burns
I am looking for info on family of George Albert Ryan, born in Canada - prob 1865. I think he came from a large family and that his parents may have been John and Eliza (Burns) Ryan. I think he came from the Kingston area in Ontario and his father may have been a sailor.Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Susan

Ryan, McArdle

Posted: 25 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2008 1:54PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan, McArdle
I have both Ryans and McArdles in my research. My g-grandmother was Maryanne McArdle and her sister married a Ryan, thy lived in Dublin, Ontario. I do have a lot of information on both families.

Ryans of Kinston

Paul Fredriksen (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan
I have a family tree starting with James Thomas (John) RYAN and Eliza ? from same area. Please visit my web http://hjem.sol.no/fredrksn/ and take a look at the genealogy to see if this is your match. I will gladly exchange data. My mother was Ryan decendent from the Coldwater area.

Re: Ryans in Kingston, Ont Canada

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 7:04PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2008 1:55PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan, Browne, Byrne
I have info from church records at St Mary's Cathedral in Kingston, Ont. I have a list of children for John Ryan and Elizabeth Browne. My ggrandfather was their son John J Ryan. I also have a complete list of children with birth dates for John J Ryan and Elizabeth Byrne. They were married 4Feb1884 at St Mary's Cathedral. I think John's parents were married before 1848 because the first child I have for them was Mary Ann - born April 1849. I just went back through my records and I don't see a listing for a George but I don't know how complete my list is nor do I have a marriage date for John Ryan and Elizabeth Browne, so it is possible that they were married in Ireland and brought with them a child to Canada. I am trying to find both John and Elizabeth's parents and if they were from Canada or Ireland.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maggie

Re: Ryans in Kingston, Ont Canada

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 9:44PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2008 1:56PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan, Browne, Byrne
Thank you for your reply. It is interesting because George Albert's death certificate listed John Ryan and Elizabeth Byrne as his parents. I assumed it was an error made by the person giving the information and the last name Byrne sounded familiar. George is on the 1880 census with his parents. If the census records are correct John and Elizabeth (Browne) were born in Canada - Elizabeth's ethnic background is Scottish. I would be happy to share and compare what I have -
please e-mail me at sausis710@aol.com

Re: Ryans of Kinston

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 4:52PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2008 8:58PM GMT
Is Paul Fredriksen out there? I came across his old post and would like to contact him.
Susan

Re: Ryans of Kinston

Posted: 23 Nov 2008 8:01PM GMT
Hi Susan

Yes, I am still present. Please mail to pasverre@online.no.

You can find my web with family info on www.pasverre.com

Re: Ryan, McArdle

Posted: 23 Nov 2008 8:03PM GMT
Hi:

Just did see your message from 2001 (!). Would like to exchage data. Please contact me on pasverre@online.no
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions