Search for content in message boards

William Wiley/Wylie Parker

William Wiley/Wylie Parker

Paulette Sims (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2004 2:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker
I am still searching without success for parentage of gg grandfather William Wiley Parker, born 1826, GA, married Elizabeth Ransom. Children of this union: Joseph, Missouri, Mary, Robert Coleman, William Wiley Jr., Laura.

He is buried at Longview Cemetery, Carroll County MS. Lived at "Old Greensboro" during the Civil War, moved to New Hope Community in what is now Montgomery County.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think we're descended from aliens (but then again).

Paulette

Re: William Wiley/Wylie Parker

Posted: 25 Jun 2004 4:23PM GMT
Check out the PARKER family I just found on the census for Alabama, 1850, Talladega, image 238, house 1646. Father was William, born SC, mother Sarah born SC, first 8 children born Georgia between 1830 and 1838. The oldest on the list was a William. If this not the ones you need they could have a connection further back. Daughter Permelia was the one I was looking for.

Dudley Rinicker (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2004 5:18PM GMT
You probably already have most of this information, but I think you missed a child or two. Apparently Wiley and Elizabeth hadn't been married very long on the 1850 Census, and both were from Georgia, I think that is where you will find Wiley's parents. Do you have any idea which county they were born in, in Georgia?
1850 Choctaw County, MS
Wiley Parker Age 24 born GA
Elizabeth Parker Age 24 born GA
Joseph T. Parker Age 3/12 born MS
1860 Choctaw County, MS
Wiley Parker Age 30
Elizabeth Parker Age 30
Joseph T. Parker Age 10
Mary Parker Age 8
Martha Parker Age 17
Dudley Parker Age 3
1870 Carroll County Census
Wiley Parker Age 44 born GA
Elizabeth Parker Age 44 born GA
Mary Parker Age 18 born MS
Ann Parker Age 15 born MS
Dudley Parker Age 13 born MS
Joseph Parker Age 20 born MS
Sarah Parker Age 12 born MS
Coleman Parker Age 9 born MS
Wiley Parker Age 5 born MS
Hope this helps, Dudley

Paulette Parker Sims (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2004 3:31PM GMT
Dudley,

Thanks for your info. I do have all of it except the child Sarah, age 12. I did not have her.

Wylie was born in Hancock County GA in 1826. I cannot find any trace of his parents there or anywhere around there. I have tried every idea I could come up with, but no hits. A Lewis Parker had married a Ransom grandchild named Martha Turner in 1824. I thought this might lead to something since they stayed close to family lines.

Do you have any info before this. Thanks for you help.

Paulette

Posted: 29 Sep 2004 9:43PM GMT
Paulette: This may not be any help, but sometimes straws make brooms.
1830 Hancock County Georgia Census
The only Parkers shown:
Elizabeth Parker No son under 5 years old

John Parker 3 sons under 5 years old John is shown to be 50-60 years old.

Lewis Parker 1 son under 5 years old. Lewis is shown to be 30-40 years old.
Maybe some help. Dudley

Posted: 6 Jan 2010 11:06PM GMT
Paulette, I forgot to tell you last night that my Dad had told me about the Barrentine family while we lived in Greenwood before we moved back to Winona.Also the Rose-Parker-Harris-Williams reunion was in The Webster Progress, Eupora,MS June 18,1939. My research web link is http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=parker_20...
I have indicated the people who were at the reunion.
The file online is not up to date.
Wayne Parker waynenparker@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic