Search for content in message boards

Hulbert family

Hulbert family

Posted: 3 Aug 2001 5:50AM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2001 6:22AM GMT
Surnames: Hulbert, Hulburt
I am seeking information about my grandfather, Lloyd Joseph Hulbert, born in Barron in 1890. His father was Elmer Hulbert and mother was Edith Kitchmerr (sp?), perhaps from Pennsylyvania. Have found reference to an E. W. Hulbert, manager of a canning factory in Barron, and a Hulbert Building in Barron in 1921. Also birth records for his brother, Gordon Hulbert, born in Barron in 1907. I think Gordon later relocated to Battle Creek Michigan with the Kelloggs Co. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kathleen Hulbert Hogenson, Las Vegas, NV

Re: Hulbert family

Posted: 4 Aug 2001 2:34PM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2001 11:18PM GMT
Surnames: Hulbert
"History of Barron County," published 1922, lists three Hulbert families (with the "e") in its biographical index: Azro I., David B. and Frank A.

However, there seems to be no mention of the given names you mentioned: Lloyd Joseph, Elmer, Gordon or Edith. There is very likely a connection. Some families chose not to be listed in this book, including my grandfather who felt it constituted "boasting!" (Drat!)

I can copy some of the given names it does list in these families if you think you might see something familiar. The section on Frank A. Hulbert it quite lengthy and credits him with a "varied and adventurous career."

kathleen hogenson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2001 6:41PM GMT
thanks for the quick reply. would appreciate anything you have time to send that you think relevant. we are now speculating that Lloyd Joseph may have been Edith's son by a previous marriage and adopted the Hulbert name. have only one long distance source for this link however, and will continue to search. thanks in advance. Kathleen Hulbert Hogenson

Peg (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2001 8:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Sorry for the delay in getting this information out! This
material is taken from the "History of Barron County, 1922."
The book contains full biographical sketches of each family.
There are several mentions of Monroe and LaCrosse Co., WI.
Here I have only excerpted names and a few dates:

Page 91: *Azro I. Hulbert*, born May 28, 1862, son of Ira and
Jane (Cram) Hulbert. Six children:
Ernie W., Myrtie E., Gird O., Maude S., Clyde
R., Olive F., born 1884-1898.
(NOTE: The "E.W. Hulbert" you mentioned
in your earlier message must be Ernie W.?)

Page 505: *David B. Hulbert*, born Dec. 11, 1858, son of Henry
M. and Lydia A. (Snyder) Hulbert. Married Alice C. Skinner.
Seven children:
Lottie, Cordellia A., Elsie D., Glen A., Clement,
Rena, Lester.
Tailed onto this bio is David's father: Henry M. Hulbert-
children, David, Henry, Charlotte, Edward, Harriet,
Emily, Alona, Luella.

Page 557: *Frank A. Hulbert*, born Aug. 13, 1860, son of Ira and
E. Jane (Cram) Hulbert. Married Fannie E. Hemstock. Three
children:
Blanche E., Ambie E., Lula E., born 1888-1892.
Included in the Frank A. Hulbert bio is info on his
parents, Ira (born Oct. 22, 1828) and E. Jane Hulbert:
They had four children, Clara, Frank A., Azro I., Lillie E.

Hope this helps!

Frank (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2001 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: HULBERT, KETCHUM, HOLBERG, FEAKE
Kathleen;

I have a Elmer E. HULBERT b/ 24 May 1866 ? m/? Edith Elizabeth KETCHUM b/ 21 Apr 1864 NY.

Both bu/ Barron Wayside Cemetery, Barron, Barron Co, WI

Edith is bu/ besides sons - tombstone marker in front=Lloyd, Harold, Gordon flat marker.

Does this fit? Let's talk.

Posted: 19 Mar 2003 12:11AM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2009 4:31PM GMT
Surnames: Siciliano, Hulbert
Kathy,
Do you still check this message board? I am Tiffany Siciliano, daughter of Michele Gagne Siciliano, who is the daughter of Patricia Hulbert Gagne.... who I believe is your aunt or great aunt. I just happened to be surfing Ancestry.com and started searching by Hulbert as I wasn't finding much under Meagher and you can imagine my surprise when I saw your notes. Called my mother immediately---- she says hello. I am also going to start researching the family tree. I am finding your notes to be very interesting so far. Didn't even know that your grandfather (my great grandfather) Lloyd was born is WI. Tell me one thing---- are we royalty??? Ha ha. Hope all is well with you.

Tiffany Siciliano

bob and kathleen hogenson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2003 2:00AM GMT
hello frank
it's been a very long time since weve visited this message board due to illness and a fatal computer crash, but am trying to resurrect the hulbert family research. the info in your posting seems like it may fit. most of the info we have came from lloyd's son bob. nobody seems to know much about lloyd's mother edith. whatever you could help us with would be more than we have now. sorry for the long delay in responding. hope to hear form you soon. will also e-mail you at your address as a backup. note new e-mail address since our original posting.
bob and kathleen hogenson, las vegas, nv new e-mail hogensonrk@cs.com

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 8:59PM GMT
Surnames: Hulbert/ketchum
Hi frank, posting this on the outside chance you may see it. Reviving our search for HulbertLloyd history after a long absence. Let's talk if you get this. Thanks Kathleen Hulbert Hogenson. Email now is Hogensonr@cox.net

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 8:16PM GMT
Elmer was married to (#2) Delcie (Whitted) Glandon, sometime between 1930-1940. Perhaps Edith died. Delcie is the Great Grandmother of a friend. Email me if you want more info. (laurene777@yahoo.com) without the brackets. Laurene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic