Search for content in message boards

james columbus carter

james columbus carter

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 3:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
born 1931 died 1975 married 1969 in va. looking for his parents, anyone have info?

Re: james columbus carter

Posted: 27 Jul 2010 8:12PM GMT
Writing a letter to the Social Security Administration
When you find your ancestors in the Social Security Death Index (also known as the Death Master File), you may want a copy of your ancestor's original Social Security application. This application has valuable additional information and can serve as documentation for your own records. The Social Security Administration makes copies of the original Social Security application form (the SS-5) available to third parties who request information on a deceased individual.

.The application form (SS-5) contains the following information:

•Full name
•Full name at birth (including maiden name)
•Present mailing address
•Age at last birthday
•Date of birth
•Place of birth (City, county, state)
•Father's full name "regardless of whether living or dead"
•Mother's full name, including maiden name, "regardless of whether living or dead"
•Sex and race
•Ever applied for SS number/Railroad Retirement before? Yes/No
•Current employer's name and address
•Date signed
•Applicant's signature

A standard letter to the Social Security Administration is available with the search results on the Ancestry.com Social Security Death Index. This letter may be printed and mailed to the Social Security Administration to request a copy of your ancestor's SS-5 form. The Social Security Administration now charges $27.00 for each individual copy

Social Security Administration
Office of Earnings Operations
FOIA Workgroup
300 N. Greene Street
P.O. Box 33022
Baltimore, Maryland 21290

request his mil records[they are free] and be sure you ask for Everything they have or they will only send the minimun...My dad was in Korea. I rec'd 33 + pages on my 2nd request

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/ge...

I am not related

Regards,

Connie

Re: james columbus carter

Posted: 29 Jul 2010 3:43PM GMT
thank you :D
per page

Find a board about a specific topic