Search for content in message boards

Sarah BOND, wife of Francis PARKER

Sarah BOND, wife of Francis PARKER

Posted: 18 Oct 2006 12:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Oct 2006 12:18PM GMT
Surnames: Bond, Parker
Seeking info on Sarah Bond, first wife of Francis Parker of Hants County. She was born about 1785--source? where? who were her parents ande siblings?

Re: Sarah BOND, wife of Francis PARKER

Pam MacKenzie (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2006 7:56PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2006 12:19PM GMT
Surnames: Bond, Withrow
I have a Sarah Bond, wife of Francis Parker in my Withrow family tree and it looks as though this is the same person.
Sarah Bond was born about 1785 and died February 1, 1815.
Her father's name was John Bond (born in Baltimore, Maryland and died before January 20, 1814 in Rawdon, Nova Scotia).
Her mother's name was Elizabeth Lloyd (born about 1755 and died 27 August, 1827 in Rawdon, Hants Co., Nova Scotia)
I have the following siblings for Sarah:
Charles Josiah (born circa 1795, died 24 November 1865)
Hannah , married James Clinton
Sarah (born circa 1785, died 1 February, 1815)
John (born circa 1786, died 23 January 1858)
Samuel (born circa 1789, died 30 August 1867)
Elizabeth (born circa 1793, died 12 Febuary 1884)
Ann (born circa 1798, died 9 February 1817)

peggy walker (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2006 11:02PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2006 12:20PM GMT
Surnames: Bond, Parker, Marsters
Thank you so much for this information! Do you know anything abut their children? I have Elizabeth, Phoebe Maria, Sarah Ann and William John. William is my ancestor, and he and his wife Harriet Newell Marsters moved to Grant County WI about 1852.

P Goodman (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2006 3:56PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2006 12:21PM GMT
Hello Pam MacKenzie
I have Charles Josiah (or Joseph) Bond married Elizabeth Withrow February 8, 1826, Windsor, Hants
Have U read the book "Rawdon & Douglas- Two Loyalist Townships in Nova Scotia by John Victor Duncanson, Mika Publishing Company, Belleville, Ontario 1989, reprinted by West Hants Historical Society 2002. This book is quite detailed on the families of these two townships. The info in the book would require to be proven for genealogy but does give a good starting point. ISBN 0 921341- 34- 2
Another good publication on John Bond is in the "Journal of the History of the Atlantic Region - ACADIENSIS, Spring 1990 by Carole W Troxler - A Loyalist Life: John Bond of South Carolina and Nova Scotia. ISSN 0004-5851
I did not have the maiden name of the wife of John Bond Sr. and I could not determine if he arrived in N.S. with a wife or remarried after arrival. How did you obtain Elizabeth's maiden name of LLoyd?
Pat

Posted: 19 Oct 2006 5:22PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2006 12:20PM GMT
In reply to your query re: children of Sarah Bond and Francis Parker I'm sorry to say that I don't have any information on this branch of the family. My Withrow family is connected with Sarah's brother, Charles Josiah.

Posted: 19 Oct 2006 5:29PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2006 12:22PM GMT
Surnames: Bond
Thank you for the information re: the publications. I have a copy of the Duncanson publication but did not know about the other two. As far as the information re: Elizabeth's maiden name is concerned, this is totally unconfirmed. I obtained it from another genealogical query and have entered it as such in my family tree maker - to be confirmed. As yet I have no confirmation, but it could be a starting point.

V Bergmann (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2006 5:42PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2006 12:22PM GMT
I have a John Bond who married in 17 Jan 1806 Ann Hull Walker in Rawdon, Hants County... wonder if this could be John Bond b. 1786, the sibling of your Sarah.

John Parker (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2006 6:24PM GMT
I have Francis Parker and Sarah Bond in my family. Sarah's parents are listed as Captain John Bond and Elizabeth Bond both of South Carolina but later of Nova Scotia. I have Francis & Sarah's children as:
1) Elizabeth b.1806 m. William Dimock
2) Phoebe Maria b. 1808 m. Charles S. Dimock
3) Sarah Ann b.1810 m. John Doyle
4) William John b.1812 d.1884 m. Harriet Newell Masters

My tree then follows William John Parker's line through his daughter, Sarah Anna Parker m. Erastus Roswell Russell and their child, Harriet Elizabeth Russell m. Christopher Columbus Wilkenson

peggy walker (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2006 3:55AM GMT
Thanks for the reply. I have tried to find some trace of Sarah's parents before Nova Scotia, but no luck.do you know where they lived and when they got there?

Posted: 7 Nov 2007 2:54AM GMT
Surnames: Bond, Lloyd
Sarah's parents were Captain John Bond and Elizabeth Lloyd.
John Bond was born in the Baltimore, MD area of the USA and moved to District NinetySix in South Carolina (called this because it was believed to be 96 miles from the Cherokee Settlement). John's family were loyalists and after the British were chased from SC during the Revolutionary War, John and several other loyalist families were given land grants in Rawdon, Nova Scotia.

Sarah had a sister named Elizabeth Pameletta Bond. She is my main interest, if anyone has any information about her, please feel free to send it over the rootsweb!
Thanks,
Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic