Search for content in message boards

Re: Maulsie Mahardy

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 4:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jul 2003 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: Mahardy, Thomas and Kimble
I am trying to find out any information on the Mahardy family. Maulsie Mahardy was the sister of Wyatt Mahardy. They were both the children of Stenonie (Chickasaw). Maulsie Mahardy married Richard Kimble, who was born in New Jersey as a free person of color. They had two children: Angeline and Amanda Kimble. Maulsie was also the sister of John Thomas (Chickasaw). I would like any information on the Mahardy and Thomas families who were considered Chickasaw Indians. Mr. Sam Mahardy was also related to this family as well. Most of them are buried in the James Cemetery located at Davis, Oklahoma. Any information that you have on this lineage would be helpful. Thanks. bob

Posted: 4 Jan 2002 10:09PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2002 3:53PM GMT
I noticed that you were searching for a Maulsie Mahardy buried in the James family cemetery in Davis, Oklahoma. I am related to the Chickasaw James's of Oklahoma. At the following link I show evidence of a Mulsie Jefflo married to Joe Jefflo. Could it possibly be the same person? Why were they buried in the James Cemetery? Do you have any info on that cemetery, if it is a different one?

http://searches1.rootsweb.com/usgenweb/archives/ok/marshall/...

Thanks,
Brynn

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 1:51AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2003 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: Mahardy, and James
This James Cemetery is located south of Davis, OK. I don't know why they call it the James cemetery. Thanks. Bob

Lenise (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2005 12:49AM GMT
Maulsie Mahardy aka Malsy Mahardy, also had a child by my gX3 grandfather, Steve Stephenson. The childs name was Amanda. Amanda's married name was Abram. Malsy, Amanda and Steve are listed on Chickasaw Blood card #610. Amandas children were enrolled as well. Steve is listed as the father of Amanda , but he is not on the blood rolls, because his father was Chickasaw and his mother was African American. Steve was also deceased at the time of enrollment, otherwise if he was living at the time of enrollment, he would have been considered a Chickasaw Freedmen. I know we are talking about the same Malsy, because I have the dawes enrollment packet, and it states in the oral interview that Malsy was the half-sister of John Thomas.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions