Search for content in message boards

Lucian Scott/Serena Warren

Lucian Scott/Serena Warren

Betty Buchanan Martin (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2006 10:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Apr 2006 11:31AM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Warren
Need info on families of Lucian Scott and Serena Warren.
Lived in Franklin County 1900-1910-1920-1930
Any help appreciated
BJ

Re: Lucian Scott/Serena Warren

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 1:06AM GMT
Found this printed in the Feb 22, 1997 Roanoke Times:

SCOTT, Evelyn Quenelle, 82, of Knob Hill, Rocky Mount, passed away February 20, 1997. She was preceded in death by her father, Lucian Elmer Scott; and her mother, Serena Warren Scott; one brother, Walter Lee Scott; and six sisters, Minnie S. Whitlow, Blanche S. Painter, Dora S. Angle, Mary Gladys Scott, Vera S. Lindgren, and Bernice S. Flippo; one nephew, Robert Whitlow Jr.; and a niece, Peggy Wade Angle. She was a member of the Rocky Mount United Methodist Church, was a veteran of World War II and a retired school teacher of 40 years. Surviving are five nieces, Louise Painter Stultz, Lynchburg, Reese Whitlow Woody, Roanoke, Jean Flippo Williams, Radford, Betty Scott Snead, Greenville, Tenn., Mary Scott Miller, Johnson City, Tenn.; three nephews, Richard Scott Whitlow, Smith Mountain Lake, Col. Charles William Flippo, Claytor Lake, and Warren Peterson Lindgren, Odenton, Md.; one aunt, Mary Warren Stevens, Sydnorsville; 18 great, 26 great-great, 4 great-great-great-nieces and nephews. Her request was that her remains be donated to the Anatomical Division of the Virginia Department of Health to be used for scientific study teaching and research. In lieu of flowers, memorials should be made to the Rocky Mount United Methodist Church or the charity of one's choice. A memorial service will be conducted Sunday at 2 p.m. from the Rocky Mount United Methodist Church with the Rev. Dr. J. Wesley Inge officiating. The family will receive friends Saturday from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Rocky Mount United Methodist Church. Arrangements by Flora Funeral Service, Rocky Mount.

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 9:28PM GMT
Thank you very much for the info
BJ

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 12:06AM GMT
You are welcome. Sorry I could not find more, but if any of her relatives died after 1990, I can get those obits for you right away on my Newsbank subscription. Just let me know a name and exact date of death for the Roanoke area. I can try for others in other areas too, but most newspapers on my site do not go as far back as the Roanoke Times does.
For those prior to 1990, I can tell you how to get them free.
Shelley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic