Search for content in message boards

CORNELL, Sylvanus, Daniel and Gabriel, NY/Canada

CORNELL, Sylvanus, Daniel and Gabriel, NY/Canada

Laurie Gottschalk (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2002 11:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cornell, Quimby
Hi,

I have a Gabriel Cornell that came from Dutchess, NY who moved to Canada. He was born around 1760. He died 9-13-1848 in Christie's Corners, W. Flamboro, Ontario. He had a daughter named Sarah Cornell who was born in 1782 in New York from who I am decended from. Anyways, I have the genealogy from Sarah down if interested. I have Gabriel's mom as Mary Quimby and dad as John Cornell. I don't have any more information on the parents. Feel free to email or post.

Laurie

Re: CORNELL, Sylvanus, Daniel and Gabriel, NY/Canada

Posted: 11 Oct 2003 12:14AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2003 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Cornell
Hi

My line is Edward Cornell-born 1685,Daniel Cornell b-1704, Gabriel Cornell b-1760 in New York, Nathaniel Cornell,-b 1787 in New York, Abigail Cornell-b July 14, 1813, she was my ggrandmother. It looks like you might have the same line. I'm looking for pictures if you have any? I have one of Abigail Cornell, she was my fathers grandmother.

Marion

Posted: 11 Oct 2003 3:39AM GMT
Surnames: ,
Hi,
The pictures that our family did have were burned in a fire! So we don't have any pictures of that side of the family. It is great to hear that you are also researching this family.
--Laurie

Posted: 25 Oct 2003 5:47AM GMT
Surnames: Cornell
Hi Marion I have a Gabriel Cornell in my line could he one of your line He was b:1760 in NY d:13 Sept 1847 in Ont. Canada. He was grgrgrgrandfather. His son Smith Cornell is mygrgrgrandfather,&his son Jeremiah Cornell is my grgrandfather, Denys Morley Cornell is my grandfather. -- Beth

Tom Cornell (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2003 9:17PM GMT
Surnames: Cornell, Cornwell
Ladies,

Please visit my Cornell web site and help yourself to the Gabriel GEDCOM. We are cousins. Please contact me for more information.

Tom

Posted: 9 Nov 2003 2:20AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2003 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Cornell, Cornewall, Dagnet, Casse
Yes, that's those are the Cornell's I was telling you about. The other night I went into RootsWeb.com and typed Richard Cornewall and it came up George Cornell's father and mother, George was married to Margaret Dagnet, and Susan Casse, and it went on as some spelling also Cornwall but it goes back to 950 and it tells different stories about that person, it looks like it is in our line, let me know you think.

Thank You for the info
Marion

Posted: 3 Mar 2007 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: CORNELL, PALMER, RUSSELL, PAUSLEY
Hi Laurie,

Not sure if you are still active here, but I am going to try to correspond with you. I am most interested in your information about Sarah CORNELL (b.1782 NY). She was the wife of Moses PALMER (b. 1786 Dutchess County, NY). One of their sons was Cornell PALMER (b. 1827 Middleburgh, NY) who married Mary PAUSLEY (b. abt. 1831). Their daughter, Ophelia PALMER (b. 1850 Middleburgh, NY) married John Henry Hobart RUSSELL (b. 1851 Rensselaerville, NY). John (Hob) RUSSELL was a brother of my GGrandfather, George Lamson RUSSELL.

JudyShipherd

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 7:03AM GMT
Surnames: Cornell. Templer, Howell
Judy,

Am not sure if I answered your query by e-mail. Your Sarah is not the daughter of my ancestor Gabriel. She was born around 1797 and married (1) Jesse Templer and (2) Garrett Howell, both in Wentworth Co., Ontario. I recall looking for your Sarah in my records and think I did find her. If you are still needing help, contact me through my Cornell genealogy website. Hopefully, they will let me post the URL here. I tried adding my e-mail address in another reply and got a confusing error.

Tom
www.cornell-genealogy.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic