Search for content in message boards

Hamil family of Kent County, Ontario, Canada

Hamil family of Kent County, Ontario, Canada

Posted: 24 Nov 2001 4:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2004 7:51AM GMT
Surnames: Hamil, Kenney, Crozier, Kinnaird, Conn
Looking for information on Hamil family from Kent County, Ontario, Canada. From research thus far, it appears that the Hamils left County Monaghan, Ireland some time from 1846-1851 and arrived at a New York port. They later settled in Ontario, Canada---particularly in Kent County, Ontario. Other family names included with the Hamils are Kinnaird, Kenney, and Crozier. John, Robert, Joseph, and David Hamil are each listed as a head of a household in the 1881 Census of Kent County, Ontario, Canada. Believe that David Hamil married Catherine Conn; Mary Hamil married William Kinnaird; Joseph Hamil married Elizabeth Kenney; Jane Crozier Hamil may have been the mother of several of these.?? Would like to get any additional information and also confirm if the above is correct. My e-mail is junehamil@hotmail.com

Re: Hamil family of Kent County, Ontario, Canada

Posted: 16 Dec 2001 8:27PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2003 2:42PM GMT
Hi, I just recently came across a marriage register for a WILLIAM JAMES HAMIL, age 26, from Harwich Twp., born in Harwich Township. His father was ROBERT HAMIL and mother SOPHIA GAMMAGE. He married MARY J. BAIRD, age 23 of Harwich Twp., born in Harwich Township, her father being James Baird and mother Mary Laird. William and Mary were married December 25, 1888 in the United Presbyterian Church of Blenheim & Harwich Marriages 1854-1894. page 9, #114. The Bairds are ancestors of my husband. Hope the above is of some help to you.

Posted: 27 Nov 2002 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2005 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: Hamil
I have gathered quite a large amount of information on Hamils, would you be interested in trading?

Posted: 2 Dec 2002 3:11AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2004 7:51AM GMT
I would enjoy seeing what you have on the Hamil family and I can share what I have as well.

Nancy Cameron (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2003 9:39PM GMT
Hi Nicole, I have just secured a biography for Frederick Coyne Hamil. Would you have any interest in a copy of that? I'm sure you are aware he wrote Valley of the Thames. He has recently been honoured by his high school. Nancy

Posted: 26 Jul 2012 6:26AM GMT
I am also descended from the Hamil family of Kent County. I'm trying to find more information about their emigration from Ireland. What is the basis for the time frame of 1846-1851 and placing their arrival in New York?

Posted: 27 Jul 2012 6:24PM GMT
The Hamil family of Kent County, Ontario, Canada came from Ireland in 1831. I was able to get that information from the Commemorative Biographical Record through the help of a gentleman living in Canada and helping check records for those who inquired. He was very helpful and copied information and emailed to me. But that was in 2001. I don't know if he is still doing the same. I don't have a lot of time to work on ancestry at this point in my life, but I am willing to share information that I have obtained. Through research, we were able to get most of the pertinent information we needed. Although I still have a question as to whether Daniel Hamil, who came from Ireland with Joseph Hamil(our direct ancestor) was Joseph's brother or his father. I don't know about the 1846-1851 arrival in New York. Could be a different part of the family???
per page

Find a board about a specific topic