Search for content in message boards

SIMPSON deed

SIMPSON deed

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 10:00PM GMT
Classification: Deed
Surnames: SIMPSON
My ancestor EPHRAIM SIMPSON won property in the 1832 Georgia Land Lottery. I feel certain that he sold that land, since he never seems to have lived there, so...how can I learn the disposition of that land? I'm hoping that there is a deed from which I might glean more information. So far, I can only trace him to the 1830 census in Newton county.

Re: SIMPSON deed

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 3:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
"Historical collections of the Georgia Chapter of National society Daughters of the American revolution"

1832 Gold Lottery -
The draws were in various districts
Date found in the margin of these records April 7, 1832.
This land was known as the Cherokee purchase. Lots of 40 acres were supposed to contain gold and were know as "gold lots". Land lots contained 160 acres.
Revolutionary soldiers, widow of Revolutionary soldiers, citizens and citizens widow and orphans were eligible for participation.
I did not find "Simpson" under this category.

Did he marry?

Re: SIMPSON deed

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 5:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for looking...Ephraim Simpson married Martha Wingate on 28 Jan 1835 in Newton County, GA. However, this was not his first marriage...he had a son James b abt 1830, and daughters Jane and Sarah, evidently b after that date. I have been unable to determine tha first wife's name or a marriage date.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions