Search for content in message boards

Dawsons in Missouri

Dawsons in Missouri

Salena B. Ashton (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2000 6:18PM GMT
I am looking for any information on Rebecca Dawson who married David Welch in Monroe County in 1849. Will share what I already have.

Dawsons in Missouri

Lert Dawson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2000 10:11PM GMT
My gfather Benjamin E. Dawson was born in Madison, Monroe Co. MO. 1852. His father, John William Dawson settled in Monroe Co in 1828. John W. was married 4 times. John had 4 daughters. One named Rebecka b. 10/9/1833.
I have more info. Write me.

John Dawson

Salena B. Ashton (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2000 1:25PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. The Rebecca Dawson that I am searching for was born around 1832, in Monroe County. I would love to talk with you some more. You can email me at salena_ashton@hotmail.com. Talk to you soon.

Salena

almost

Corby Dill (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2000 6:13PM GMT
I have a great great (dead now) grandfather named Isaac Dawson who was born in Monroe City in 1839 and married Rebecca Ely

almost

Corby Dill (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2000 6:14PM GMT
I have a great great (dead now) grandfather named Isaac Dawson who was born in Monroe City in 1839 and married Rebecca Ely

Runtelle Florance Dawson [ G.Mother ]

Posted: 24 Dec 2000 8:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2002 5:39AM GMT
I have just found this site.I'm looking for info on her her family .I belive she was born in the Rolla,Mo. area ! All I know of her is she married Stephen Lafayette Weaver about 1909 or 10 . they had 3 or 4 kids .
HELP!!! THANKS MAXINE E-MAIL ADD:
mmretired@glade.net

Rebecca Dawson

Salena (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2000 2:13PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. However, I don't think we are talking about the same Rebecca Dawson-- my Rebecca died around 1872. Good luck in your research.

Salena

Re: Dawsons in Missouri

Posted: 1 Aug 2002 3:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
I just saw your posting about Rebecca Dawson of Monroe Co MO. I have her father as John W. Dawson b abt 1801 in VA. He was married at least 3 times. It looks like his first wife, Mary J. Bell was Rebecca's mother. I have 8 ch with 1st wife, 4 with 2nd and 1 with 3rd. I'm not sure how accurate this info is. John W Dawson was in Marion Twp, Monroe Co in the 1850 census. This info was sent to me in "93 by an Eugene Welch of MN. I have a Dawson line from Monroe Co MO, but don't know if there is any connection to this one. Hope this helps some, if you haven't found anything new since you posted this.

Salena Ashton (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2002 4:00AM GMT
Surnames: Welch
Dorothy,

Thanks for your post. I have been in touch with Gene Welch and his information is well documented and well researched. He is very kind as well. I think that if you can be sure the information came from him, you will be safe to trust it.

Salena

Posted: 31 May 2008 3:44PM GMT
I have a Dawson line in Paris, Monroe County, MO. Please reply. jdhusted@msn.com My father, Joseph Carl Dawson was born and raised there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions