Search for content in message boards

Provost,Alberta (Canada) Armstrong Family

Provost,Alberta (Canada) Armstrong Family

Posted: 27 Jul 2007 6:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi I am looking for my Great Grandmothers family. Her name was Lucinda Armstrong and she is burried in Provost,AB
Thank you
April Hicks

Re: Provost,Alberta (Canada) Armstrong Family

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 5:49PM GMT
Hi April,
The Master Surname Index (not online) (mostly burials in Alberta cemeteries) of the Alberta Genealogical Society lists these possible names;

Lucinda HICKS, - 2 Apr 1919, nee Amstrong, wife of Harry, died at Ft William.
Sarah ARMSTRONG, - 18 Mar 1937.
Hazel ARMSTRONG, - 10 Jan 1919.
Lettie Opal HICKS, - 9 Feb 1988.
Samuel ARMSTRONG, 3 Jan 1923.
All buried next to each other in the Provost cemetery.

The also we have;
Lettie O. HICKS, 1900 - 1988 with a family headstone in the St Joseph cemetery in nearby Cadogan. With also other Hicks in this cemetery.
I could send you these if you let me know.

For further research please contact the AGS Research Services Committee of the Edmonton Branch,
http://abgensoc.ca/

The Edmonton Branch
http://agsedm.edmonton.ab.ca

Peter

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 6:50PM GMT
Well I see a Hicks, Lucinda Armstrong died 2 April 1919 no birth mentioned. Provost Cemetery. I got this off findagrave.com website
I can remember when Hicks lived in The Provost area but there are non in the phone book now.
There are quite a number of Armstrongs in the Provost Cemetery

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 3:45PM GMT
This is an old message so hope you are still following. My great-grandmother was Isabella (Bella) Newell nee Armstrong. Her brother John Armstrong lived in Provost. Her mother was Sarah Armstrong and her father was Samuel Armstrong. Samuel and Sarah had a large family, with about half succumbing to the 1919 flu outbreak. Isabella and her husband, William, were married for about 70 years.

My grandmother was Winnifred Hazel Svenson nee Newell. Born in 1902. In one of her letters she states, "Clarence and Mabel (Hicks) spent their summers with us after their mother died". All of Isabella's children except Lawrence had her brothers or sisters names included in there given names.

I am still trying to put together this part of the family. If you feel this may be a match, I can be emailed at:
randy_svenson@yahoo.com

I hope this helps.

Randy

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 12:14AM GMT
Hello April,

If you are still on the list, please contact me regarding Lucinda Armstrong's parents and siblings.

Thank you.

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 7:55PM GMT
Hello April,

One last try. Lucinda Hicks was the sister of my Great-grandmother Isabella Newell maiden name Armstrong.

I can be reached at randy_svenson@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions