Turner Family Cemetery

Turner Family Cemetery

Delores Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Turner, Foster
Jackson Turner
Cora Turner Foster

My grandmother, a good story teller, used to tell me about growing up in the mountains in Dawson, County. She was only six years old when her father died, probably in the 1880's. He, and a daughter, are buried somewhere near Juno.

Turner Family Cemetery

Delores Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Thanks for the information. I have found the Turner Family Cemetery. It is now in Dawson Forest, Dawson County, near Juno Baptist Church.

Turner Family Cemetary

Posted: 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2002 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: Hardin, Anderson
I find 12 Turners in the Juno Baptist Church Cemetary in Dawson County, but no adults deceased in late 1800s.

Turner

Stephanie Hill Piotrowski (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Turner, Anderson
My Grandmother Esther Turner, tells me that the Turner Family cemetary was land donated by Bob Howell who married Lyndie or Lyndia Turner ( not sure of spelling). She was Nathanial Turner's sister. Nathanial , Lyndie , Dica , Sara , Benson , John Wilson and Marion were all of John Turner's children. John Turner got help from indians to build a two story house. The bottom was made of rock and the top of split logs. He raised his family there. The log part fell in and later the rock part was pushed down because it was too close to a main road.

Turner

Surnames: Turner
My Grandmother is Esther Gertrude Turner. Her parents are Robert Nathaniel Turner and Rhoda Arkana Padgett. I am researching her family. She tells me that the Turner name started out as McTurnerross. I am not sure of the spelling but the mother and father of Robert Turner were Nathanial W. Turner and Maranda Emily Jinkins. He was called Nat. I would love to hear from you about the family. My Grandmother married Clarence Blackwell and my Mother is Annie Mae Blackwell. Esther and Clarence raised their children in Griffin, Georgia.

Anderson

Surnames: Anderson, Turner
I am looking for info on Jefferson Anderson. He married Dela Turner and they had one child, Mamie. Jefferson's father was Rubin Anderson. When Jefferson died, Dela remarried. His name is John McCormick. They had one child together named Ford. I think that Jefferson is buried in Pleasant Union Baptist Church cemetary. I was wondering if Dela is buried with him. I know that she is not buried next to McCormick.

Rubin Anderson

Flora E. Barrett (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT

Rubin Anderson

Stephanie Piotrowski (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson
My Grandmother tells me that Rubin had the following children:
Harley
Jefferson
Grover
John
Homer
She says that Jefferson died of pneumonia.
Grover died of snake bite.
Rubin was either a teacher or principal.
John and Homer spent their last years in Elijay.

Rubin Anderson

Flora Barrett (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Dooley
Thanks for the information on your Rubin Anderson in Dawson County and his children. I don't know if he connects to my Ruth Gilley Anderson Dooley. Knowing she had family in Dawson Co. makes me think there may be a connection here somewhere.

Anderson, Jefferson

Posted: 4 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2002 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Hardin
Stephanie;

I find the following Andersons in Pleasant Union Baptist Church Cemetary in Dawson County:
Anderson,

Flara B. 5/25/1898 03/27/1990

John C. 3/25/1888 01/04/1961

Infant Dau. of Mr & Mrs John 02/21/1919 02/22/1919

Grover S. 03/25/1888 12/06/1909

Martha C. wife of R.F. 06/12/1860 05/04/1907

Ruben F. 12/26/1854 07/04/1918

J.J. 04/16/1879 06/24/1905

1 grave marked with a fieldstone
All located in row 8
per page

Find a board about a specific topic