Search for content in message boards

Bunney search

Bunney search

Doris Thrasher (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thrasher, Bunney, Brook, Shook
Looking for information on Joseph Bunney b 3June1835 m 1Apr1857, Bellflower Ill (Mary S Brook), d 8Jun1925 Princeton, ID which I believe is in Latah County. Buried with his wife in Onaway Cemetery. Seven children of which I believe 6 are: Frank, last known in Altanta, NE; John b 24 Mar1876, Harrison Co., Missouri, d 29Mar1932 Norcatur, KS (m Emma Wood 24Jan1900); Elmer residing in Princeton in 1932; Ida (m William Harvey Thrasher 1883) in Princeton in 1932; Laura (m "Unknown" Shook) in Princeton in 1932; and Martha Belle (m Joseph Addison Thrasher). Any help would be appreciated. Believe some of Elmer and/or Laura's descendents may still live in the area - also a brother of John's wife, Emma, Leonard Wood and/or his descendents may still be in area
Any help would be appreciated. Ida Bunney Thrasher is my
paternal g-gma.
Thank you! Doris

Burials

Viettia Newcomb (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bunney, Shook
In the Freeze Cemetery : BUNNEY, William Dale, Anna M., and Frank S.

In the Potlatch Cemetery : BUNNEY, Charles E., and Hattie M.

In the Onaway Cemetery : BUNNEY, E. Preston, Joseph, Laura L., and Mary.

In the Potlatch Cemetery : SHOOK, Albert E., Charlie S., Grant L., and Laura E.

response on Bunney, Shook

P. Chambers (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
I read the request for more info on the Bunney's etc in Latah County, Id. My mother-in-Law was a Bunney and she lived in Latah Co. I have been researching a lot and have found some info on the Bunney's. It seems that there were 4 Bunney men that came to USA and each on brought a sister with them from England. Each the men settled in different part of the U.S. My mother-in- law was from the Jacob Bunney family. Jacob had several brothers and sisters. Jacob settled in Arkansas, but several of his kids came to Idaho and settled here. Apparently, Joseph came to Idaho also, who is a brother of Jacobs. I have several Obits on Josephs descendants. I see you wrote this message last year, so you might already have the info you want. You really helped me put some of my pieces to my puzzle together. Thank You, about giving me the info on Joseph. There is still lots of info that I don't have, though. I can give you more info if you contact me at my e-mail address.

Pat Chambers

Bunney

Viettia Newcomb (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bunney
Hello Pat,
I am not related to Bunney. I have a 1981 listing of the graves in Latah County, compiled by the now disbanded Latah Co. Genealogical Society. Since it is no longer available, I just try to reply to all I can, to help with burial information. My own family is Holden and connected lines. Thank you for your offer. Sincerely, Viettia Newcomb

Bunney Search

Barbara Bunney (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bunney
G,Day,My husband's g g g grandfather was John Bunney.He married Johanna Goynes in 1823. They had, I believe 7 sons and one daughter.George born 1823, John born 1825, Samuel born 1828, James born 1832, Daniel born 1834, Mark born 1836, Elizabeth Ann born 1839, and Richard born 1848. Samuel marries Maria Faull (marriage date unknown).They have to my knowledge John.F. born 1856, Mark born 1858, Daniel born 1861, Mary.E. born 1866 and Edwin born 1871. Mark marries Martha Jane Davey in 1882 in Lanchester, England. Mark sails to Australia in 1885. Martha and their daughter Ann follow in 1888.Are these Bunneys related to your Bunneys. I do hope there is some connection. Waiting for your reply. Barbara Bunney.

Re: response on Bunney, Shook

Posted: 19 Oct 2004 8:37PM GMT
I am a great great granddaughter of Laura Evalina (Bunney) Shook. I am interested in copies of the obituarites in the Joseph Bunney line. I also have some obituaries of Grace (Shook) Bateson-Hylton, Laura Shook's daughter and Grace's son, Norman Bateson. I could make you copies if you don't have these. My mother Alice May (Petrich Williams) Schienbein grew up in Harvard, ID. Her mother was Ruby Belle (Shook) Petrich Williams, another one of Laura's daughters.

Re: Bunney search

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 4:05PM GMT
my gr grandmother was Laura Evalena Bunney... your Joseph's daughter... my daughter is named for her. Yes Princeton is in Latah county, Idaho. ... pls see my tree for info on your Joseph ... http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/16252539/person/357569286 aShook Russell Trotter & Bunney tree : Joseph 1835 Bryant Bunney, Great Dalby, Leicestershire, England. He is my gr gr grandfather.

There is a Shook I have been looking for....
I have been trying to figure out who Joseph Shook's father is... census indicates both of Joseph's parents were from Pennsylvania

Joseph Shook Shuck my gr gr grandfather: Born ABT 1830 in Pennsylvania; died 24 September 1898 Lamar, Chase, Nebraska. married to Mary Ann McCabe 16 Mar 1858 in Chillicothe, Ross, Ohio: born 22 Oct 1840 Colerain, Ross, Ohio; died 13 Oct 1934 Lawrence, Kansas

his son, my gr grandfather, Albert Eric Shook: Born 20 Jan 1867 in Indiana; Died 5 Oct 1931 Princeton, Latah, Idaho. married Laura Evalena Bunney 10 May 1894 prob. in Benton, Wayne, Iowa: born 30 Mar 1878 Harrison, Missouri; died Dec 1978 Wieser, Idaho

his son, my grandfather, Grant Lawrence Shook: born 18 Feb 1895 in Atlanta, Phelps, Nebraska; died 29 Jun 1931 in Potlatch, Idaho. married Jessie Russell 1922 in Princeton, Idaho: born 28 Oct 1903 Sandstone, Pine, Minnesota; died 28 Jan 1997 Everett, Washington.

I can find no documents that show Joseph's father ... there are a couple probables, which range from Philadelphia to Allegheny county... the difficulty I encounter is that the census from first half of the 1800s just shows numbers in the household rather than names...

anyone have thoughts, ideas or illumination on this?

blessings!

Re: response on Bunney, Shook

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 4:08PM GMT
my gr grandmother was Laura Evalena Bunney... your Joseph's daughter... my daughter is named for her. Yes Princeton is in Latah county, Idaho. ... pls see my tree for info on your Joseph ... http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/16252539/person/357569286 aShook Russell Trotter & Bunney tree : Joseph 1835 Bryant Bunney, Great Dalby, Leicestershire, England. He is my gr gr grandfather. .....

I have been trying to figure out who Joseph Shook's father is... census indicates both of Joseph's parents were from Pennsylvania.....

Joseph Shook Shuck my gr gr grandfather: Born ABT 1830 in Pennsylvania; died 24 September 1898 Lamar, Chase, Nebraska. married to Mary Ann McCabe 16 Mar 1858 in Chillicothe, Ross, Ohio: born 22 Oct 1840 Colerain, Ross, Ohio; died 13 Oct 1934 Lawrence, Kansas .....

his son, my gr grandfather, Albert Eric Shook: Born 20 Jan 1867 in Indiana; Died 5 Oct 1931 Princeton, Latah, Idaho. married Laura Evalena Bunney 10 May 1894 prob. in Benton, Wayne, Iowa: born 30 Mar 1878 Harrison, Missouri; died Dec 1978 Wieser, Idaho .....

his son, my grandfather, Grant Lawrence Shook: born 18 Feb 1895 in Atlanta, Phelps, Nebraska; died 29 Jun 1931 in Potlatch, Idaho. married Jessie Russell 1922 in Princeton, Idaho: born 28 Oct 1903 Sandstone, Pine, Minnesota; died 28 Jan 1997 Everett, Washington. .....

I can find no documents that show Joseph's father ... there are a couple probables, which range from Philadelphia to Allegheny county... the difficulty I encounter is that the census from first half of the 1800s just shows numbers in the household rather than names...

blessings!

Re: Bunney Search

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 4:11PM GMT
my gr grandmother was Laura Evalena Bunney... your Joseph's daughter... my daughter is named for her. Yes Princeton is in Latah county, Idaho. ... pls see my tree for info on your Joseph ... http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/16252539/person/357569286 aShook Russell Trotter & Bunney tree : Joseph 1835 Bryant Bunney, Great Dalby, Leicestershire, England. He is my gr gr grandfather.

I have been trying to figure out who Joseph Shook's father is... census indicates both of Joseph's parents were from Pennsylvania ....

Joseph Shook Shuck my gr gr grandfather: Born ABT 1830 in Pennsylvania; died 24 September 1898 Lamar, Chase, Nebraska. married to Mary Ann McCabe 16 Mar 1858 in Chillicothe, Ross, Ohio: born 22 Oct 1840 Colerain, Ross, Ohio; died 13 Oct 1934 Lawrence, Kansas .....

his son, my gr grandfather, Albert Eric Shook: Born 20 Jan 1867 in Indiana; Died 5 Oct 1931 Princeton, Latah, Idaho. married Laura Evalena Bunney 10 May 1894 prob. in Benton, Wayne, Iowa: born 30 Mar 1878 Harrison, Missouri; died Dec 1978 Wieser, Idaho.....

his son, my grandfather, Grant Lawrence Shook: born 18 Feb 1895 in Atlanta, Phelps, Nebraska; died 29 Jun 1931 in Potlatch, Idaho. married Jessie Russell 1922 in Princeton, Idaho: born 28 Oct 1903 Sandstone, Pine, Minnesota; died 28 Jan 1997 Everett, Washington......

I can find no documents that show Joseph's father ... there are a couple probables, which range from Philadelphia to Allegheny county... the difficulty I encounter is that the census from first half of the 1800s just shows numbers in the household rather than names.....

blessings!

Re: Bunney

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 4:16PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2012 4:18PM GMT
Hi I would very much like to get in contact with you about the information you mentioned. I am west of the Cascades and need to get over to Latah county this summer... hope you and I can meet and talk. many blessings! ....

my gr grandmother was Laura Evalena Bunney... Joseph's daughter... pls see my tree for info on Joseph ... http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/16252539/person/357569286 aShook Russell Trotter & Bunney tree : Joseph 1835 Bryant Bunney, Great Dalby, Leicestershire, England. He is my gr gr grandfather. ....

I have been trying to figure out who Joseph Shook's father is... census indicates both of Joseph's parents were from Pennsylvania ....

Joseph Shook Shuck my gr gr grandfather: Born ABT 1830 in Pennsylvania; died 24 September 1898 Lamar, Chase, Nebraska. married to Mary Ann McCabe 16 Mar 1858 in Chillicothe, Ross, Ohio: born 22 Oct 1840 Colerain, Ross, Ohio; died 13 Oct 1934 Lawrence, Kansas ....

his son, my gr grandfather, Albert Eric Shook: Born 20 Jan 1867 in Indiana; Died 5 Oct 1931 Princeton, Latah, Idaho. married Laura Evalena Bunney 10 May 1894 prob. in Benton, Wayne, Iowa: born 30 Mar 1878 Harrison, Missouri; died Dec 1978 Wieser, Idaho....

his son, my grandfather, Grant Lawrence Shook: born 18 Feb 1895 in Atlanta, Phelps, Nebraska; died and buried 29 Jun 1931 in Potlatch, Idaho. married Jessie Russell 1922 in Princeton, Idaho: born 28 Oct 1903 Sandstone, Pine, Minnesota; died 28 Jan 1997 Everett, Washington.....

blessings!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions