Search for content in message boards

OXLEY

Posted: 4 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 6:27AM GMT
Surnames: OXLEY, DAUGHERTY
Reuben OXLEY b c1798 in NC, d c Sep 1865 in Many, Sabine Parish, LA. Burial unknown. Have information showing he enlisted in military in 1821 in Fort Jesup, Louisiana. Belisle book shows him settling on government land in 1838 in Sabine Parish, La. All children reportedly born in LA. Where in NC was REUBEN OXLEY from? Who were his parents?

Need wife's name and any info on her.

Children of Reuben and Unknown Oxley were:

Lucinda Oxley b c 1828 La d Sep 1879 Sabine Parish, La. Buried in Boyd Cemetery, Converse. Married John Hamilton DAUGHERTY b 10 May 1810 in TN d 12 Jun 1901 Converse, Sabine Parish, La.

Children of Lucinda Oxley and John Hamilton Daugherty: Charles F. DAUGHERTY m Lottie THIBODEAUX, Mary T. DAUGHERTY m Dr. T. W. ABINGTON, Nancy Jane Daugherty m. Jasper BOSSIER, John Hamilton Daugherty, Jr. m Martha RAINES, William Frank Daugherty m Mary Sidney ROBINSON, Lisa Ridona Daugherty m Benjamin Elias (Plunk) BOYD, Lucy Daugherty m. James A. AILSTOCK, Louis Sidney Daugherty (died young), Martha Etna (Ettie) Daugherty m John Freeman FERGUSON.

Lethe D. Oxley b c 1832 La.

William R. Oxley b. c 1834 La married Zilpha Byrd.

John Oxley b. 1836 m Rhoda Ellen Byrd.

Louisiana Oxley b. c 1839 m Hosea B. Lewing.

I am also researching John Hamilton Daugherty who was from TN, lived for a time in Sabine Parish, and then moved on to Desoto Parish, LA. Need to know his parents, and where he was from.

Re: OXLEY

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2003 7:29PM GMT
I'm helping a friend search her family. Her grandfather was John Charles or Charles John Oxley from Sabine Parish, LA . Do you know who his parents were?
Thanks Peggy He married Hattie Perters Aug 7 1894 in Sabine Parish. Before that we can't find him. He might have been from Natchitoches Parish, LA>

Red Peters (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2003 10:14PM GMT
My GF was Bluford Peters, bro of Hattie Peters. contact me at phk968@aol,com. Red Peters

Posted: 2 Nov 2008 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: Peters, Oxley, Lewing
Hi Red,
From my research, my G. G. Grandmother Julian Bellphine Peters was Bluford Peters' sister. Their parents were Martha Lewing and Matthew Peters. I'm stuck on the exact name of who Julian married. I've found a Callie Oxley and also a Robert C. Oxley. Also the exact name of their son Kagey (A.K.A. Kagy, Cajy, K.G., Cogen).
Sincerely, Melissa

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Oxley
My great grandmother was Julian Bellfine Peters Savell. She was first marrked to Callie Oxley. I have no further information about this marriage.
She lieved in Fisher, LA and died in 1962. Her children were Kagey G. Oxley, Dervin Ella Oxley (my grandmother) and Virgil Savell, and A. G. Savell. She was married to Hosea Savell who was born in 1891 and died in 1960.

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: Lewing, Oxley, Savell
Bluford Peters was the brother to Julian Bellfine Oxley Savell, my great-grandmother. K. G. (Kagey) was Julian Bell's son. He married Eula Rose Griffin. Robert "Callie" Oxley was her husband. She married Hosea (Ed) Savell and had two more children, Virgi Savell McComic and A. G. Savell. All are deceased. Julian had two sisters Hattie Peters and Sally Peters, and a brother Bluford Peters who married Martha Lewing. Julian had two children with Callie Oxley; Dervin Ella Oxley (my grandmother) and Freddie Lawayne Oxley. I have no records on Freddie.

I have a picture of K. G. Oxley, Eula Griffin Oxley and Julian Bellfine Oxley. Would you like a copy?

Jonell

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 3:53AM GMT
My ggrandmother was Julian Bellfine Oxley Savell who was Bluford and Hattie Peters sister. She married Robert Callie Oxley and her children were Dervin Ella Oxley (my grandmother) and Kagey Oxley. My mother is Myrtle Mae Mitchell Hill who was Dervin Oxley's daughter.

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 3:58AM GMT
Melissa,

My ggrandmother was Julian Bellfine Oxley Savell who married Robert Callie Oxley. My grandmother was Dervin Ella Oxley, their daughter. I have a picture of Kagey Oxley, Eula Rose and Julian Bellfine Oxley if you would like a copy. Email me. Jonell

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: Oxley
please that would be great if you could send me a copy. My grandfather is Freddie Lawyane Oxley.
Posted: 24 Nov 2012 3:50AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2012 3:53AM GMT
This is a picture of Kagey Oxley (Freddie's dad and your great grandfather, his wife Eula Rose and my great grandmother Julian Bell Oxley Savell. Tell me if you do not get it. My computer is acting out.

jhoffman63@yahoo.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions