Search for content in message boards

KITTS, Andrew Clinton

KITTS, Andrew Clinton

Janet Peters (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2004 6:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kitts, Tibbs, Ratcliffe, Carter, Gregory, Ruble, Harless and more
Do any Kitts researchers know the birth date of Andrew Clinton Kitts, and where he was born? His parents were John David Kitts and Susan Elizabeth Hall. He had a brother named Walter Henry Kitts who was born Aug. 24, 1878 in Burkes Garden, Taz. Co., Virginia. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Janet

Re: KITTS, Andrew Clinton

Gordon Spangler (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2004 4:18PM GMT
My great grandfather was John David Kitts through his 1st wife, Lucinda Jane Stump. John and his 2nd wife, Elizabeth Hall are buried in the Central Lutheran Church cemetery in Burkes Garden, Tazewell County, Virginia. There several other Kitts buried there also.

Andrew Clinton Kitts was born 14 April, 1966. I assume he was born in Tazewell County, Virginia. I don't have the date of his death.

I have other information on John David including a photograph which I can share.

Posted: 17 Jul 2004 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: Kitts, Tibbs, Ratcliffe, Harless, Ruble, Gregory , Carter and more.
Hi Gordon,
I would love to have a copy of the picture of John David Kitts. I have Andrew being born April 16, 1864 in Atkins Tank, Smythe Co, Virginia. Andrew's first wife was Loupinkie Elizabeth Kitts, they were married Jan. 26, 1891 in Tazewell Co, Virginia. I have a copy of their marriage license, I could Mail you a copy of the marriage license. As far as I know 2 children were from this marriage, they were Josephe Kitts and George F. Kitts. George married Jessie Lambert abt. 1912.
Andrew's second marriage was to Eva Bell Musser, dau. of John Washington Musser and Eunice Lavina Tibbs.. Andrew's second wife Eva is buried in Leesburg Memorial Cemetery, Loudon Co, Virginia. I don't know when Andrew died or where he is buried, maybe along side Eva, his second wife? Looking forward to hearing from you again. I have a copy of people buried in the Central Church at Burkes Garden, my great grandmother and grandfather are buried there, along with one of their daughters. Now I will have to look through it again to find John David and Elizabeth.

Posted: 17 Jul 2004 11:20PM GMT
Janet,

I will send the photograph to your email address.

I have John and Mary's daughter, Mary (Molly) born in 1864 and Andrew born in 1866. This is consistent with the 1880 and 1870 census records for John David Kitts' family ofTazewell County, Virginia.. That's why I assumed Andrew was born in Tazewell County.

I have information that says that Clint (Andrew), Will and Walt Kitts migrated to Loudon County, Virginia. Do you have any other information on this move such as when this took place? I have reason to believe that my mother was with one of these uncles in the early 1920's

I am primarily interested in the Pauley's of southwest Virginia. I can send you the name and email address of a person who has done extensive research on the Kitts of this area if you like. I'm sure she would like to correspond with you.

Gordon

Posted: 18 Jul 2004 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: Kitts, Tibbs, Ratcliffe, Gregory, Ruble , Harless, Carter and more.
Gordon, Now that you mentioned Loudon Co. Will Kitts married my Cynthia Tibbs. From this marriage there were 8 children. After Cynthia died Will did move to Loudon Co. He married Carrie L. Moore, Nov. 10,1926 in Loudoun Co. Will died in Hamilton, Virginia-Union Cemetery, Apr. 16, 1965. What is your mother's name? I have a couple Pauley's in one of my lines. The picture of John D., I have seen that on an old site of Verla Kitts, when she had the site. I don't know if his brother's Walt and Andrew migrated to that area. Thanks for the picture. Hey who is the person and the e-mail address, I may already have the person you are talking about or I may not. So, would you send me the name and e-mail address. Again, what was your mom's name??????????

Posted: 19 Jul 2004 1:10PM GMT
William, Walter, and Andrew Clinton Kitts did move to Loudoun County, Virginia along with their mother, Susan Kitts. Will, Walt, and Susan made the move in 1921. Andrew may have moved earlier. Susan was living with her son, Walter in the 1920 Tazewell County, Virginia census.

Posted: 19 Jul 2004 3:41PM GMT
Surnames: Tibbs, Kitts, Ratcliffe, Harless, Gregory, Ruble, Carter and more.
Clilnch Valley News, June 30, 1922
MRS. SUSAN KITTS DEAD.
Mrs. Susan Kitts died at her home in Loudoun County, June 23, and was brought to Burkes Garden for burial Sunday afternoon. She had been ill only a short time. Most of her life was spent in Burkes Garden, but she moved to Loudoun county with her sons last December.
She is survived by the following children. Clint, Will and Walt Kitts, of Loudoun county; George Kitts, Tazewell; Mrs. Perdue, Graham; Mrs. Fayette Dillow, Mrs. Sam Dillow, of Burkes Garden, Mrs. McMeans, of W.Va., and Miss Lou Kitts.
Rev. Hahn, of the Lutheran church, conducted the funeral services.

Posted: 9 Nov 2004 1:52PM GMT
who is the perdue listed on your boad,my great grand mother was araminta (minnie) kitts ,her mother and father was john davidson kitts.

Posted: 9 Nov 2004 1:57PM GMT
susan elizabeth hall kitts is great great great granmother.her great grand son is alex glen perdue who is my grand father

Posted: 9 Nov 2004 5:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2005 6:16AM GMT
Surnames: Kitts
Patricia, I don't have this Alex Perdue listed in with the Kitts, I do have Minnie Kitts. I have no idea who this Alex is. Would you share with me what you have! Janet
per page

Find a board about a specific topic