Search for content in message boards

Hutchings Family History

Hutchings Family History

Ken Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchings
I am interested in more information about Charles Hutchings who married Martha Green Jones in Brunswick County, Virginia. Charles Hutchings was born in Dinwiddie County, Virginia in 1750. They had a son named Edward Hutchings born in 1782. Charles Hutchings father was Robert Hutchings from Dinwiddie County.

If you have information about Robert Hutchings, this would help tremendously.

My present information was derived from the Hutchings, Bonner, Wyatt Family History written by Richard Henry Hutchings, Printed Utica, 1937.

Hutchings

Charles W. Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hutchings, Carter, Thweatt, Powell
According to a book I found in the Washington Memorial Library in Macon, GA (copies at home):

Robert Hutchings (bef. 1752 - c. 1813) born in England
mar. (1) Mary, born in England, died on ship crossing to America

<Mary Hutchings
<Sophia Hutchings mar. Summer Woodward

Robert mar. (2) Rachel Carter

<Charles Hutchings - your ancestor
<Boswell Hutchings
<William Hutchings - my ancestor
<Betsy Hutchings mar. Joshua Abernathy
<Amelia Hutchings mar. Frank Smith

More info is in my copies at home. I'll be sure to post it or e-mail it to you.

Hutchings of Dinwiddie County, Va.

Steve Graap (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sydnor, Thweatt, Roper, Meredith
I'm interested in all info on the children of Robert Hutchings. Two sons married into the Thweatt family of Dinwiddie County, Va. Are you aware of the famous (locally) letters written by Boswell Hutchings & others to William Hutchings & others during the early 1800s? I descend from Joseph Thweatt, brother-in-law of the Hutchings brothers.

Re: Hutchings

jannett hutchings (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2001 5:40AM GMT
I have a charles and a william hutchings in our family tree would like more info if you have any.

Charles W. Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2001 8:00PM GMT
I will have to find my records and then I will get back. I'm very busy right now. Sorry.

Re: Hutchings of Dinwiddie County, Va.

Posted: 30 Apr 2004 1:54AM GMT
Steve, I am interested in Boswell and Charles Hutchings. They are found as witness to a deed between John Mayes and Rachel Carter in Mecklenburg 1779 but they might have removed from Dinwiddie co.Any info appreciated. Thanks, Shirley

Shirley Roach King (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2006 3:47AM GMT
I am looking for any information on Rachel Carter who married Robert Hutchings. I am especially looking for names of parents and or siblings. I believe there may be some connection between Rachel Carter and my Mayes and Hall families. Rachel Carter sold John Mayes property in Dinwiddie County, Virginia. Several of my Hall relatives have the middle name of Carter. Appreciate any help.

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 8:00PM GMT
Mr, Anderson - I too am from this Hutchings family of Dinwiddie,Va. In working backwords- me, my father, Blanchard Vivian Hutchings, b-1898 Columbus, Ms.; his father Rober WilliaM Hutchings, b-1860 TN; his father, William Stanton Thomas Hutchings, b-1842 Jones Co., Georgia;I believe from here it goes this way - WST Hutchings' father was Thomas H. Hutchings, b-1816,Ga.;then Edward b-1782-1840.Could use your help. e-mail me at susangregory@centurytel.net Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic